How to Light a Charcoal Chimney

While the use of lighter fluid in the vid is disturbing, the choice of briquettes was even more appalling because they impart as much, or more, bad flavor as the lighter fluid. Definitely not Stubbs...the only acceptable briquette for grilling or smoking.

The best, and fastest, way to light lump or Stubbs is in a chimney parked over the propane start on a Performer :nerd:

https://flic.kr/p/pVvWiX

I stack two starter cubes and let it go. I've also used ripped up lump bags to get things going. AND I accidentally dropped my lighter in the lit chimney the other day, gives the coals a little more pop (mini explosion).

I like the starter cubes but found a cheaper solution. I buy a Duraflame log for about $4 and cut it up into small pieces with a hatchet used as a knife. One log lasts me almost a year but I suspect some on here could use one up in a week. :biggrin1:

thats what i do too

wow this is really eating up some pages, i did get a new toy and it came with an oven on the back, puts out a nice flavor and no oil, as crazy as it sounds I have tried every possible way to light a fire,some good and others needing the fire department, in the end the food always has a unique flavor.

Last edited:
Is this thread STILL ON PAGE ONE????

:doh:

EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO....:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Give it a rest and show me some food.

Cheers!

Bill

"You can fool all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time".

I wonder what the record number of responses to a "Gotcha sucker" thread is. :mrgreen:

Back