How Long Does a 20lb Fully Frozen Brisket Take to Smoke?? (Let's Find Out......)

Did anyone ever tell you? You are bat chit crazy. That is saying something when I call someone bat chit crazy. Its entertaining. I love it. Watching with interest. Good luck.

Your kind of the Wildman Fisher of the barbecue world. I think he May be your long lost brother. Lol.

As an side question does anyone know why youtube links don't have the preview window? Easy to click on the link, but didn't the video's embed when just posting the link??

3hrs in here. Tiny Human Pit Boss just got up.........half a year old today......probably will do shots later......:becky:
CiZGrs6l.jpg

1pQcpoul.jpg

81Cax0Ml.jpg

Tuned in...now that it's time for anyone who isn't a zombie to be awake.

When you get up at 3am do you pass out from exhaustion by 8pm? Or can you roll with 4 hours of sleep?

Tuned in...now that it's time for anyone who isn't a zombie to be awake.

When you get up at 3am do you pass out from exhaustion by 8pm? Or can you roll with 4 hours of sleep?

Oddly no, I stay awake :loco:. So luckily the new one didn't change my sleep habits much. I feel bad for folks that loved to (and can) sleep till like 10 or 11am and then have kids and have to get up early. Must suck :becky:.

So into the oven around 8:30. Oven set at 350 and the Hunsaker ran in the 300-350 range most of the time. We'll see how much longer it takes
FhkRvM8l.jpg

SKYIfDJl.jpg

IRFJt0Al.jpg

3F033LGl.jpg

Color looked pretty good. Some of the rub rubbed off where the frozen fat I didn't trim off the surface melted, but I'm not a guy who gets excited in my pants about perfect bark (I leave that to my little pony re-runs).

Maybe a few more hours which would put it around 7hrs cook time, but we'll see how it goes.

As usual you do a very interesting post Looking forward to your results
BTW enjoy the nor needing much sleep It does not last I use to be fine on 4-5 hrs Not any more

Jason, I have a feeling the mods are going to move this thread to "What beverage are you drinking?"

As usual you do a very interesting post Looking forward to your results
BTW enjoy the nor needing much sleep It does not last I use to be fine on 4-5 hrs Not any more
I'm getting there too. I've always been one who can't sleep before midnight. I get up at 5:30am with no issues. But for about the last year I get really tired on Monday nights. I'm assuming when I get to 50 that will be every day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have never finished a brisket in the oven. Do you remove when IT is 203 or do you remove when probe tender? How often do you check it?

I have never finished a brisket in the oven. Do you remove when IT is 203 or do you remove when probe tender? How often do you check it?

Same as finishing it in anything else really. Once wrapped heat is heat. Cooking at higher temps I start checking 204 and it's done when tender :-D

So took about 7hrs 15mins to get a 20lb fully frozen brisket done. Ain't the prettiest, but that's to be expected.
463JITUl.jpg

oQJLNS3l.jpg

b8oexoil.jpg

Took a sample off the point and as you can see there appears to be decent color in there
HvtOcntl.jpg

3cejTYYl.jpg

I know how everyone loves sauce! So added some stone cold high fructose corn syrup sweet baby rays to this bite. I think I have the sauce/meat ratio about right :clap2:
BSxKzPGl.jpg

Resting on the counter and about to either toss it in a cooler or oven or whatever the hell I described last night for a 100hr rest :becky:. Flavor test sometime next week........

Until then here is an another informative video on brisket probing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQ9O6V7G2E

Back