THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you prefer your burgers cooked?

• On the grill

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • On a griddle

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Doesn't matter, just give me the beef!

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
I just did burgers indoors, Smashburger style, because the weather called for rain. I seldom do them that way unless I use my Blackstone. I really miss that method and I think I prefer them that way. How do you like yours?

I don't really have a "grill" so most of the time they are on my yard sale cast Lodge cast iron griddle inside.

I had to vote for "It doesn't matter..." because I started with direct grilled burgers. Then moved to indirect burgers, seared at the end. Next was smash burgers on a griddle. And new to me are sous vide burgers seared on a griddle.

lKneXls.jpg

g8bxYtZ.jpg

I rarely fry my burgers. When I do I use a cast iron skillet for frying. My go to method is using a Kettle with the indirect method. Burgers that are 80% lean that weigh 180g (6.3 oz) are rubbed and cooked 15 minutes on one side, flipped and ten minutes later I check the internal temp and if it hits 160F, it is done! Lately I have been using my 18" WSM for cooking burgers and I do not use the waterpan. Same method and cooking time as on the Kettle.

Used to be a die hard burger griller, but once I tried them on a HOT griddle, I've not looked back. I love the crust I get from using the griddle, which isn't possible on a grill. I will concede that a properly grilled burger has a wonderful smoke flavor, but I simply prefer the crust.

Used to be a die hard burger griller, but once I tried them on a HOT griddle, I've not looked back. I love the crust I get from using the griddle, which isn't possible on a grill. I will concede that a properly grilled burger has a wonderful smoke flavor, but I simply prefer the crust.
Guess it depends on what you like. Flattop burgers are fine. I prefer burgers with grill marks, where only part of the burger gets crispy.

Either one is fine. Although it's either on the Joe or the gasser since I got rid of the Blackstone. Was way too messy.

Back