How do you prefer your burgers cooked?

How do you prefer your burgers cooked?

• On the grill

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • On a griddle

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Doesn't matter, just give me the beef!

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I just found this video and may try basting the next on in butter.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=q6KMtLJUbuY&feature=sharea

Back in the 60's or early 70's I believe it was French's tried selling the public on a new way to cook burgers. IIRC they called them sizzle burgers. It was a regular patty cooked in about a 50/50 mix of butter and woo sauce. Weren't something I'd want all the time but made for a nice change.

I did a big batch on the Pit Barrel and haven't done different since. I go with a hot fire that gives me a nice char, and I get some smoke flavor. I also tried the Lipton's onion soup mix from my childhood days and liked that too.
Never tried the soup mix route but big fan of finely diced or food processor onion well mixed into the burger meat.

Personally, cooked any way works for me. Good quality beef, dusted just before hitting the cooking apparatus of choice. Never, EVER mix anything into the meat - you are no longer making a burger, but a meatloaf patty or the like. And also IMHO, if you need butter it's because you dried out the poor patty. Restaurants do it to make up for old or lame beef most of the time. Show off some skill and offer some great toppings instead.

Lately I have been buying Kirklands hamburger meat from Costco. I add one egg, 1 half stack of crushed saltines. Make 5 patties and add garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper. Before cooking I add Dales. I make a fire on the weber vortex. I cook the patties on the edge for 10 mins, flip for 10 mins. Then add a slab of pepper jack cheese till done. I cut up romaine and tomatoes and and put the patty on top. I’m not special but these are the best I ever had, probably because of the quality of the hamburger meat.....Peace

Never tried the soup mix route but big fan of finely diced or food processor onion well mixed into the burger meat.

I don't understand how people like onion soup mix. It ruined 2lbs of hamburger in a meatloaf recipe. The worst part is even after cooking the meatloaf for close to an hour, the dried onion was still hard and crunchy.

Depends on time and availability.

After work, sun going down and nothing prepped, its easiest to pull out a frozen sleeve of Costco burgers for the grill.

Sunday afternoon, plenty of time to chop up onions and get everything prepped, its smashburgers or just Oklahoma onion burgers on the griddle.

Medium-Medium Rare

I like mine cooked medium-medium rare.

I prefer them grilled....only do griddled or cast iron pan if bad weather or just no time to do it properly.

I keep hearing about this "smash burger" thing...one of these days I need to find out what that's all about...never seen one.

cayenne

I voted grilled, but I do love a burger prepared any way. My wife is not a big burger fan, she says they don't have a lot of flavor. I think I am going to start trying to mix seasoning into the meat before making patties in hopes of changing her mind. I have spent most of my life eating burgers on cheap buns. I have recently started buying nicer buns and I believe it makes a big difference on burgers (not hot dogs or anything else). Man, I could go for a big juicy one right now.

Work is having a BBQ luncheon Friday. On the menu are chicken, pulled pork, and grilled sirloin burgers. Who makes burgers with ground sirloin? Usually dry as fark.

Erik, Sirloin has very little fat and that is why they are usually dry. But I am sure you know that. Are you involved with the cooking or food prep?
Hell no. Rare I cook for more than one anymore. Sure not doing it for 120+.

Event will be catered. Hopefully by a decent smokehouse. The caterer they used couple months ago was awful.

Erik, Catered sirloin burgers? Just reading that made my mouth dry enough to take a drink of water. Hopefully the cater has those burgers in a pan of warm beef flavored broth when they serve them. I think I will have the pork or chicken instead...........

Back