How do you prefer your burgers cooked?

How do you prefer your burgers cooked?

• On the grill

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • On a griddle

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Doesn't matter, just give me the beef!

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
I just did burgers indoors, Smashburger style, because the weather called for rain. I seldom do them that way unless I use my Blackstone. I really miss that method and I think I prefer them that way. How do you like yours?

I don't really have a "grill" so most of the time they are on my yard sale cast Lodge cast iron griddle inside.

I had to vote for "It doesn't matter..." because I started with direct grilled burgers. Then moved to indirect burgers, seared at the end. Next was smash burgers on a griddle. And new to me are sous vide burgers seared on a griddle.

lKneXls.jpg

g8bxYtZ.jpg

I rarely fry my burgers. When I do I use a cast iron skillet for frying. My go to method is using a Kettle with the indirect method. Burgers that are 80% lean that weigh 180g (6.3 oz) are rubbed and cooked 15 minutes on one side, flipped and ten minutes later I check the internal temp and if it hits 160F, it is done! Lately I have been using my 18" WSM for cooking burgers and I do not use the waterpan. Same method and cooking time as on the Kettle.

Used to be a die hard burger griller, but once I tried them on a HOT griddle, I've not looked back. I love the crust I get from using the griddle, which isn't possible on a grill. I will concede that a properly grilled burger has a wonderful smoke flavor, but I simply prefer the crust.

Used to be a die hard burger griller, but once I tried them on a HOT griddle, I've not looked back. I love the crust I get from using the griddle, which isn't possible on a grill. I will concede that a properly grilled burger has a wonderful smoke flavor, but I simply prefer the crust.
Guess it depends on what you like. Flattop burgers are fine. I prefer burgers with grill marks, where only part of the burger gets crispy.

Either one is fine. Although it's either on the Joe or the gasser since I got rid of the Blackstone. Was way too messy.

Back