How do you Like your Steak

How do you like your steak.

• Beefsickle 0F - 34F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just take it out of the fridge 35F-100F

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Extremely Rare 100-120F Mooo!

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Rare 120-125F a good Vet could revive it!

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Med Rare 130-135F center is very pink, slightly brown toward the exterior portion

Votes: 111 56.6%
  • Medium 140-145F center is light pink, outer portion is brown

Votes: 40 20.4%
  • Medium Well 150-155F not pink

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Well 160 - 165F steak is uniformly brown throughout

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Extremely well 170-180F + Dry still recognizable as meat

• Carbon like Probe will not go in anymore similar to Lump charcoal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool thanks we are talking about Steak.

hmm..interesting..so you don't consider a rib roast in the same category as a steak?

Webster definition for "Steak": : a slice of meat cut from a fleshy part of a beef carcass

A 3 ribber rib roast, is nothing but a thick "slice of meat".
Once you cook a rib roast, you slice it into smaller "steaks"

I encourage you to broaden your personal definition of a steak.
I have had wonderful Ham steaks, Hamburger Steaks (outta ground kobe beef...mmmmm), lamb steaks, deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...

I prefer rare, but since you had check boxes instead of radio buttons I had to pay homage to kobe sashimi.....

Kobe_Sashimi.jpg

since you quoted Wiki I will assume that their definition is correct. Be careful what you read on the internet (except for here).:grin:

I agree.. and usually don't care for wiki, but it was actually pretty accurate this time.

For Pittsburgh rare, I get the fire as hot as I can, sear it shy of a burn on each side, and that's about it.

hmm..interesting..so you don't consider a rib roast in the same category as a steak?

Webster definition for "Steak": : a slice of meat cut from a fleshy part of a beef carcass

A 3 ribber rib roast, is nothing but a thick "slice of meat".
Once you cook a rib roast, you slice it into smaller "steaks"

I encourage you to broaden your personal definition of a steak.
I have had wonderful Ham steaks, Hamburger Steaks (outta ground kobe beef...mmmmm), lamb steaks, deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...

Ok yes I realize there are other steaks. Why not call it a 3 ribber rib steak? I guess that makes a brisket a brisket steak.

According to Webster there is no such thing as a ham steak as it usually comes from a pig not a cow.

Not sure what you were trying to get at.

deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...[/QUOTE]

Vension is way better than beef if you know how to cook it. Wish I had
some chops or steaks right now...

randy

deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...

Vension is way better than beef if you know how to cook it. Wish I had
some chops or steaks right now...

randy[/QUOTE]

I have had really good venison, but mostly hams or roasts. I have not had much luck with venison steaks. As lean as deer meat is they always turn out too dry for me.

I have had some bad tasting venison for sure! I cook steaks at high temp and quick. I like my beef to Moo at me.

My neighbor by my property up north gave me some vension, It was so bad tasting the dog wouldnt eat it!

randy

I guess I'm right on the border of medium rare & medium. (135-140) . That keeps Momma & I both happy.

Slight char on the outside... Med Rare!! :icon_smil
Thicker steak makes it eaiser to cook that way!

Now I am hungry again :shock: :rolleyes:

Back