THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you like your steak.

• Beefsickle 0F - 34F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just take it out of the fridge 35F-100F

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Extremely Rare 100-120F Mooo!

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Rare 120-125F a good Vet could revive it!

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Med Rare 130-135F center is very pink, slightly brown toward the exterior portion

Votes: 111 56.6%
  • Medium 140-145F center is light pink, outer portion is brown

Votes: 40 20.4%
  • Medium Well 150-155F not pink

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Well 160 - 165F steak is uniformly brown throughout

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Extremely well 170-180F + Dry still recognizable as meat

• Carbon like Probe will not go in anymore similar to Lump charcoal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool thanks we are talking about Steak.

hmm..interesting..so you don't consider a rib roast in the same category as a steak?

Webster definition for "Steak": : a slice of meat cut from a fleshy part of a beef carcass

A 3 ribber rib roast, is nothing but a thick "slice of meat".
Once you cook a rib roast, you slice it into smaller "steaks"

I encourage you to broaden your personal definition of a steak.
I have had wonderful Ham steaks, Hamburger Steaks (outta ground kobe beef...mmmmm), lamb steaks, deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...

I prefer rare, but since you had check boxes instead of radio buttons I had to pay homage to kobe sashimi.....

Kobe_Sashimi.jpg

since you quoted Wiki I will assume that their definition is correct. Be careful what you read on the internet (except for here).:grin:

I agree.. and usually don't care for wiki, but it was actually pretty accurate this time.

For Pittsburgh rare, I get the fire as hot as I can, sear it shy of a burn on each side, and that's about it.

hmm..interesting..so you don't consider a rib roast in the same category as a steak?

Webster definition for "Steak": : a slice of meat cut from a fleshy part of a beef carcass

A 3 ribber rib roast, is nothing but a thick "slice of meat".
Once you cook a rib roast, you slice it into smaller "steaks"

I encourage you to broaden your personal definition of a steak.
I have had wonderful Ham steaks, Hamburger Steaks (outta ground kobe beef...mmmmm), lamb steaks, deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...

Ok yes I realize there are other steaks. Why not call it a 3 ribber rib steak? I guess that makes a brisket a brisket steak.

According to Webster there is no such thing as a ham steak as it usually comes from a pig not a cow.

Not sure what you were trying to get at.

deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...[/QUOTE]

Vension is way better than beef if you know how to cook it. Wish I had
some chops or steaks right now...

randy

deer steaks (not so good), the list continues...

Vension is way better than beef if you know how to cook it. Wish I had
some chops or steaks right now...

randy[/QUOTE]

I have had really good venison, but mostly hams or roasts. I have not had much luck with venison steaks. As lean as deer meat is they always turn out too dry for me.

I have had some bad tasting venison for sure! I cook steaks at high temp and quick. I like my beef to Moo at me.

My neighbor by my property up north gave me some vension, It was so bad tasting the dog wouldnt eat it!

randy

Slight char on the outside... Med Rare!! :icon_smil
Thicker steak makes it eaiser to cook that way!

Now I am hungry again :shock: :rolleyes:

Back