THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. I've heard good things about The Sausage Maker items. Give Walton's Inc. a try. I have loved everything I have gotten from them. Tubed casings, seasoning mixes, etc. Very good stuff.

I've been pretty happy with their packaged seasonings and other supplies, been shopping there a couple years now. My last couple of orders have processed very slowly, I placed an order 2 weeks ago that hasn't even shipped yet. I've placed and received 2 orders from Butcher & Packer in that time. Not sure what's going on there but I may have to start shopping around more, thanks for the tip.

I've been pretty happy with their packaged seasonings and other supplies, been shopping there a couple years now. My last couple of orders have processed very slowly, I placed an order 2 weeks ago that hasn't even shipped yet. I've placed and received 2 orders from Butcher & Packer in that time. Not sure what's going on there but I may have to start shopping around more, thanks for the tip.

They had that mega hi-temp cheese sale going on, maybe that slowed everything down.

Doubt that was it, had another order a little over a month ago take about 2.5 weeks to get to me. Trying to be understanding given the nature of things lately but it sure makes it hard to plan.

I ran the 10lb chub through the slicer tonight, about 8lbs deli style thickness slices and 2 lbs maybe 1/3” thick for pan frying. I decided I’ll use the bologna stuffed into the summer sausage sized casing for experimentation and sliders. I plan to give most of it away for feedback since I don’t really need 10lbs of bologna but will hold back a couple pounds for myself. I think I’ll make a sandwich with bologna and American cheese on white bread for lunch tomorrow. Maybe yellow mustard and/or mayonnaise, but possibly neither.

I had issues with the casing sticking to the exterior of the meat and tearing it away after I took it off the smoker, even after the ice bath when it was chilled. I figured I could wrap it in plastic wrap or vacuum seal for a day and let it rehydrate the casing to make it’s removal easier - I was correct. :thumb:

Back