Has Anyone Seen The New Mad Scientist Video?

Thought it interesting. Asked a question but have not seen a response. That BRAZOS smoker ... was it stock or the one where he did all the mods ? That might have changed things.

I thought it was an interesting test. I've have heard people say over and over it starts with the quality of the meat. I'm surprised that there is that much of a difference between smokers where a $30 choice packer beats out a wagyu packer that costs 6x the cost. The Brazos is no slouch of a smoker either.

Meh..
I’d rather watch paint dry.

If I want to watch a meat experiment, I have many smokers out back.
I’ll never understand watching other people bbq on YouTube.

Also it doesn’t matter what the results are. Buying Waygu to make bbq makes as much sense as buying diamonds to gravel your driveway.

I skipped ahead to just the end. No surprise in the results, i've come to that conclusion with my own cooks. Arguably I wouldn't consider the Brazo's a cheap pit though.

Meh..

Also it doesn’t matter what the results are. Buying Waygu to make bbq makes as much sense as buying diamonds to gravel your driveway.

Ditto. I'd rather have that waygu brisket ground up into burger and formed into 1/2 lb. patties...

:thumb: :thumb:

Meh..

Wouldn't those diamonds cut your tires?

Don't know who the mad scientist is. I'll occasionally skim through online videos when I'm looking to cook something new that I hadn't cooked before to find some suggestions.

I watched the video and enjoyed it. I didn't feel like the video proved anything however. As someone else said above, the Brazos is not really a cheap smoker. The video would have been more enlightening if he would have smoked same-grade briskets on each smoker to showcase the differences in the final product coming out of each smoker. Not much science value in testing two different grades of beef smoked on two different cookers.

But I was entertained, and I enjoy and appreciate Jeremy Yoder's videos.

Don't know who the mad scientist is. I'll occasionally skim through online videos when I'm looking to cook something new that I hadn't cooked before to find some suggestions.

The link to the video is in the original post. Jeremy Yoder "Mad Scientist BBQ" is a chemist who has taken up BBQ. He gets into a lot of the science behind BBQ, and he also does a lot of experiments.

One of his most famous videos is about fire management and I've recommended it to people for years as he goes into great detail.

Why does someone wear a LEATHER apron when cooking?

Are you gonna throw it in the washer when that BBQ grease and sauce gets on it?

Answer: I want to sell a bunch of them!

Nothing against him or any BBQ youtube video. I watch them sometimes.

Just can't figure out a leather apron. WTF? :crazy:

Why does someone wear a LEATHER apron when cooking?

Are you gonna throw it in the washer when that BBQ grease and sauce gets on it?

Answer: I want to sell a bunch of them!

Nothing against him or any BBQ youtube video. I watch them sometimes.

Just can't figure out a leather apron. WTF? :crazy:

Or....or.... and hear me out....maybe it's because they've been used historically for cooking (especially when using fire for cooking) for hundreds if not thousands of years. They are very easy to clean, provide protection against high heat, and last much longer than a cloth apron. When dirty or greasy all it requires is a quick wipe down ; no need to put leather in a washing machine.

https://www.aaronleathergoods.com/blog/leather-cooking-apron-benefits

What is it about Mad Scientist BBQ that makes this forum lose their absolute mind? It's as if people on here get so triggered when they see a YouTube video that they are incapable of coherent thoughts.

I watched the video and enjoyed it. I didn't feel like the video proved anything however. As someone else said above, the Brazos is not really a cheap smoker. The video would have been more enlightening if he would have smoked same-grade briskets on each smoker to showcase the differences in the final product coming out of each smoker. Not much science value in testing two different grades of beef smoked on two different cookers.

But I was entertained, and I enjoy and appreciate Jeremy Yoder's videos.

This - he had two variables. Not a good study basis.

John Witherspoon is The Benchmark for YouTube Cooking videos
When you're poor, everything tastes good.
And I like chili

https://youtu.be/3gMmu2LdWTU

I enjoy Mr Yoder's videos. I enjoy lots of different YT BBQ Personalities.
However Uncle Louis' Chili and that pesky Jelly Jar rule IMHO

Watching someone cook an almost $200 brisket is like me watching Flyfishing in Russia. Ain't neither one happening at my tent.

Back