"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Thai-inspired St. Louis Spares w/ Sriracha Glaze during tomorrow's deluge
(was supposed to be a whole bunch of snow, but it warmed up significantly).

Sunday's NFL playoffs are calling for some wings, and I'm planning on some of T.Mac's Latin Wings.

Y'all have a great weekend!
Be safe out there, especially if the big ice monster is coming to get you!

A whole chicken is going on a bit later (it's what's for dinner). Got a whole brisket on now that I'm going to use for taco/burrito meat. I've never tried it before but, since the brisky is going to get used as an ingredient, I separated the flat from the point to maximize the smoke exposure. Green chili cheeseburgers on the grill tomorrow night. Have a swell weekend everyone! It's BBQ weather!

Attachments

• 100_2113.jpg
    100_2113.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 89
That tomahawk ribeye would beat Mr. T's tomahawk, lol.

I've got more folks asking for holiday nuts, so will do a couple butts but then load up the rest of the smoker with almonds. If you have room it's a good time of year for some nuts.

Quick recipe: Buy some bulk almonds from Walmart or Sams or wherever, throw into a big bowl, add olive oil and honey, add salt or flavored salt, pepper, smoked paprika, what ever other spice you like, stir it up. Put it in a broiler pan or foil and put it in the smoker. Temp can be whatever yo have set for your meat, stir them around every half hour, for added flavor fill a spray bottle up with liene's berry Weiss, spray them down when you stir them, adds a nice fruity flavor. You can also add some crazins to the nuts for the last half hour of the smoke, adds color and texture to the nuts. Takes about 2 hours or to taste at temp. Pull them off and you can salt them again before letting them cool off. You can put them in whatever, makes for a handy gift. "Here, try my hot smoked nuts", not recommended with coworkers, lol.

Got some company coming over tonight so I'm doing up venison loin steaks and french onion soup. Luckily she likes them rare so I won't be freezing my butt off over the weber for too long!

Tomorrow is going to be clam chowder cooked on the egg in my dutch oven. If the weather holds I'm going to do up a SRF brisket on Sunday.

Have a great weekend Phu and all of you other pharkers!

Back