THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At a comp in San Antonio playing sous chef / pit bitch for a buddy. Beans are ready for turn in. Beef ribs (chef's choice) smoking. Brisket goes on tonight and ribs / chicken in the morning...

At a comp in San Antonio playing sous chef / pit bitch for a buddy.

Good Luck to you and your buddy!

As for me, I've got a couple of racks of loin back ribs in the smoker as we speak, and 4 naked fatties waiting until it gets a little further in the cook to go in.

Y'all have a great weekend!
SD

4 chicken halves, and a baby back ribs on my pbc right now. Grilled some great burgers and dogs for lunch on my gas weber (yes, i know, blasphemy). It's a meat weekend.

Last weekend, did my first pork shoulder on the PBC, and ate so much, I passed out at 8, and slept 10 hours. I'm having a mid life smoking crisis, new to this, but can't go a weekend without cooking something.

8 Bratwurst, 4 Sweet Italian (TipTop Meats Carlsbad) on the OTG, indirect 225 degrees for 45 minutes, applewood smoke.
Sauteed G & R Bellpepper, Onion, garlic, jalapeno, spices & beer
Sauteed Sauerkraut in brown sugar, spices & beer
8 Hoagie buns, warmed only
Whole grain Deli mustard, pepperoncini's

7 kinds of German Octoberfest beer, on ice.

Blackberry pie

Heaven :clap2:

Well I had to do something for Octoberfest. Son #2 and some other Aviator Strike pilots flew to Bavaria for real Octoberfest!

Jjust put a rump roast rubbed with Southern Flavor on one of the Weber RatRods. When it's done I'll get out the meat slicer to see how my sharpening job worked.

okiej said:

Stuffed bell peppers
This may have to happen tomorrow.

4 racks of St Louis Ribs done, wondering if anyone has suggestions on smoking Salmon on my new Yoder 1500? More specifically if anyone has opened the fire pot to char a soaked cedar plank? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Did some wings today. These are with a sweet Asian style glaze that compliments a spicy rub.

Tomorrow a small Pork butt.

I'm doing PP for about 20+ people for my grandsons 5th birthday party. Meat will go on about midnight, West coast time. Doesn't matter what time it finishes, I've got a Cambro!!

Matt

Had an interesting weekend. Started out with this:

Spatched%20Chicken%20Sept%202014.JPG

Then yesterday the menu was this:

BBQ%20Sign%202%20Sept%2028.JPG

Today I am too full to move... :)

Back