Happy Father's Day!! What did you get?

I got a large roll around trash can, which may sound crappy, but I asked for one the past 2 Christmas', lol...

From the wife I got a bottle of Maker's and a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 2009. From the kids I got some Krispy Kreme glazed birthday cake donut holes. They're all keepers. :-D

My dad is no longer here. Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to you all!

I was proud of myself for actually reading this thread, its been 28 years since my Dad passed then I read your post and cried like a B..... well it brought tears to my eyes.
Not trying to bring anyone down, its a good thing.
Hallmark Holiday or not y'all enjoy the day because we are here to actually enjoy it.

Hang on a second...

There are supposed to be gifts?!?
Hmm...

Right, it's a day to celebrate fatherhood. My Fathers day gifts were delivered over 30 years ago, and are still giving-for some reason they still want something to do with me.:-o. If anything, I thank my wife.
My Dad and all the father figures I've ever had have passed away.
In honor of my Dad and them, I'm cooking chicken and drinking beer, which they would approve of totally.

One of my most prized possessions is a Moscow circus t-shirt from a field trip with my son's class back in the mid 80's. It's at that point that I just keep it in the drawer except for special occasions, like today.

Last edited:
Picked up my concession trailer yesterday and got it home early this morning. Got the graphics done on my truck on Thursday. While not technically a "gift", it's not possible without the support of my family, especially my amazing wife.

View attachment 145004

Last edited:
I got to spend the weekend at the lake with my wife and boys.

And I got the yeti zipper bottle opener for my hopper.

It sounds like everyone had a great day for the most part. Even if your father is no longer here I am sure you were able to reflect on the past at the good times you had. I am lucky enough to still have mine but cherish every day because you never know. Even though they gave me the new griddle, the best part was we spent the day on the boat enjoying each other. The best gifts are almost always hand made and I have a drawer full of things from the past 10 years to prove it. Now after being beat down by the sun all day I really don't feel like putting the griddle together tonight but I do look forward to getting my 10 and 5 year old daughters to help this week.

My DAD brought me more than I had for him, and I don't even have kids! He's notoriously hard to buy for, so I had picked up a bunch of little things for his new gas grill. He was mostly excited about the ThermaPop. He bought me a cover for my new smoker, a grilling apron, and a gallon of commercial grade skeeter spray ( =

The missus and I drove our 15 year old son (Ethan) over to Champaign so he can spend the next 10 days at the University of Illinois Intensive wrestling camp. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them and because he was completely excited to meet up with his friends he met there last year! Then got home and my 18 year old daughter (Kayla) had bought me a Good Life cutting board. I had an awesome day and now I'm having a few beers in the garage!

On a separate note, I passed some lucky fella on the interstate hauling a brand new Yoder YS640 in royal blue home, so I'm sure he had a great day too! I hope he's a member here! Lol....

Ed

Back