What are you cooking for your Christmas gathering?

Christmas eve with just the folks will be seafood bisque, double smoked ham, smoked turkey breast, sweet taters, kings Hawaiian rolls and I made a couple homemade pecan pies.

Christmas day with the whole fam damily, my cousin's daughter is hosting.
She's quizzed me on how I cook my turkeys.
She wants to cook the bird, we're bringing a couple sides, and desserts.

Is this the passing of the torch??
Not sure I'm ready to give it up.

Im doing a small 4lb Rib Roast and two racks of baby back Ribs ( my mom requested ) And candied yams ( step dad requested ) I'll probably make some broccoli florets with cheese sauce on the side and that's about it. Its just a small diner party after presents are exchanged.

We are playing musical houses/parties tomorrow and Christmas Eve. Christmas Day, Mrs. G-man wanted to change things up and have filet mignon and shrimp, so I guess surf and turf, green bean casserole with lots of fresh mushrooms, bread........ Looking forward to our daughter coming home for a few days. We celebrate her birthday tomorrow which has been tricky when she was in school.

We are getting together tomorrow and doing a smoked reverse seared whole prime rib, chicken piccata, smoked cheese balls, bacon wrapped asparagus spears, and maybe more, dependent on how my legs are feeling.

Just me and my wife at home but I'll be sending the adult kids home with left overs :)

We are getting together tomorrow and doing a smoked reverse seared whole prime rib, chicken piccata, smoked cheese balls, bacon wrapped asparagus spears, and maybe more, dependent on how my legs are feeling.

Just me and my wife at home but I'll be sending the adult kids home with left overs :)

You need to get yourself a cane and a dose of Prednisone. I have 4 bulged disc's and they popped on me last Xmas. I couldn't get in for a spine injection, but the dose of Prednisone worked wonders.

Weekend with the family. Christmas eve will be a big pot of creamy clam chowder and fresh baked bread. Christmas dinner will be full on smoked prime rib dinner.

Just going to be me and #1 son, so no prime rib this year. Gonna do French onion soup, a rolled lamb loin, mushroom risotto and asparagus. Was gonna make creme brulee, but since there's a throwdown going on, gonna make Paula Dean's peach cobbler on the Big Joe instead.

The son, his girl, their son (Grand #1), and their two dogs are visiting for the holidays. Have a short Rib Plate I'm going to smoke, mashed potatoes with an onion and mushroom gravy, and some roasted carrots. Dessert will be an apple crumble I plan so smoke. We'll see how that turns out.

Merry Christmas Y'all...

It's just me and the wife this year, so we can do whatever we want!

Christmas eve eve: bone in prime rib.

Christmas eve and day: Detroit style pizza

The prime rib was inspired by local supermarket sale: $4.77/lb (limit 2). I bagged the limit. :mrgreen:

Dry brined in rosemary salt for 3 days:

Smoked until 126 IT:

Why IT 126? Because I farted around for a couple minutes when temp alarm went off at 125 and it took a moment to get to the smoker. :icon_blush:

Done:

Christmas eve and day: wife's request was Detroit style pizza.

Made the dough, got it into the pans, and added the first round of cheese. Can't wait for dinner!

Prime rib was...OK. Not bad, just not great (as even basic prime rib often is).

I now know why it was on sale. Oh well! Plenty of protein for the next couple days!

Bruce

Back