Had my hands full.

I mostly cook stuff for friends, for beer and invites to parties. I made a pretty penny on this one though. Actually my second payed event. I made almost 1/4 of what it cost to build Hell Fire Grill on this cook.

Nice ROI. 3 more cooks like this and you'll have paid for it. :thumb:

what time and temp did you use to get everything done?
The chicken looks great.
jon

I cooked the first load at about 275*-290* for about 1 1/2 hours and the second at 225 for almost 2 1/4 hours (if I remember correctly) the third load at 300 for a little more than an hour. I cooked them all to 170 - 175 so the joint in the leg was fairly well done. Thanks.

Well that explains where all the chicken went....nice job. Did you brine your chicken first?

I just showed up to cook with my cooker. They supplyed the meat and everything. They did marinate the chix for a day or two. As I recall it had fair amount of sugar and salt in it so it was brined to some degree. I know it cooked faster than I was expecting it to, like brined meat does, and a few of the chix in the hot spot got more color than I would have liked it to. Nobody complained about the color but one person did say their chicken was slightly raw, but you gotta expect that when serving BBQ.

Nice ROI. 3 more cooks like this and you'll have paid for it. :thumb:

If you add up all the beer I drank at the 5 partys I went to it would be closer to 1/2. Two of them I had to stay there til 5am to finish the keg. At least I know I dident have any fire jumping out of the fire box on my way home afterwards.

Back