THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what time and temp did you use to get everything done?
The chicken looks great.
jon

I cooked the first load at about 275*-290* for about 1 1/2 hours and the second at 225 for almost 2 1/4 hours (if I remember correctly) the third load at 300 for a little more than an hour. I cooked them all to 170 - 175 so the joint in the leg was fairly well done. Thanks.

Well that explains where all the chicken went....nice job. Did you brine your chicken first?

I just showed up to cook with my cooker. They supplyed the meat and everything. They did marinate the chix for a day or two. As I recall it had fair amount of sugar and salt in it so it was brined to some degree. I know it cooked faster than I was expecting it to, like brined meat does, and a few of the chix in the hot spot got more color than I would have liked it to. Nobody complained about the color but one person did say their chicken was slightly raw, but you gotta expect that when serving BBQ.

Nice ROI. 3 more cooks like this and you'll have paid for it. :thumb:

If you add up all the beer I drank at the 5 partys I went to it would be closer to 1/2. Two of them I had to stay there til 5am to finish the keg. At least I know I dident have any fire jumping out of the fire box on my way home afterwards.

Back