My new cooker, tri-tip, breakfast and lunch

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
Nope, not exciting at all! My brother and I were planning a camping trip for early last month. It was the first camping trip we had done together in more that 12 years. He purchased a nice prime tri-tip but the forest closed to all but propane cooking devises. So not wanting to pan fry or D.O. the meat I went looking for the cheapest gas grill I could find. Found this one in stock at Target for $30. I figured what the heck, it't the same price as the meat. And if it only last this one time it worth it.

es6Xd3Gl.jpg

Y7vMvdkl.jpg

B0SiwWWl.jpg

Also got some pics of breakfast Sammies, another dinner and the camp site.

zK3ANegl.jpg

yyGiBfNl.jpg

svLCplGl.jpg

eWmZohgl.jpg

Got a little trigger therapy in as well.

AOTZjPul.jpg

yW1GOmvl.jpg

7UbA2wsl.jpg

Speaking of tri-tip and gas grills. Funny story, I had a young guy that we work with offer to cook tri-tip for our crew last night. When he arrived at my house (he does not have a grill) he asked if I had any seasoning for beef? What are the side dishes? when will it be ready? Before he got there I got a large chimney of lump going for the Weber. When I showed him the grill he asked "ok, so how does this thing work? I only cook on a flat top" I said "heat meet protein, protein meet heat" In the end he did a pretty good job. I just kept reminding myself he's a 19 year old city kid living away from home for the first time in the mountains. And I think it would be fun to keep cooking with him.

Thanks for looking.

Looks like a great time with some delicious food in beautiful surroundings!

Sounds like you may have a novice to take under your wing :wink:

Looks good all around! I am dying to get back in the mountains...but am probably sidelined for a while. Thank you for sharing, beautiful area you camped at.

Looks good all around! I am dying to get back in the mountains...but am probably sidelined for a while. Thank you for sharing, beautiful area you camped at.
Love living the the mountains. It's 1.25hrs to the grocery store which ran be a bummer if all you need is a gallon of milk. But I wouldn't trade it.

That poor water bottle never had a chance.:shock:
Yup, it didn't put up much of a fight.

Good times.

Good food.

Good mentor!
Thanks. It's always fun to share the craft with someone.

Looks like a great time with some delicious food in beautiful surroundings!

Sounds like you may have a novice to take under your wing :wink:
I'm hoping to drag him down the rabbit hole.

Back