Graduation weekend catering with my brother (long)

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Wifey and my other usual help had commitments this past weekend, but I had a couple of catering gigs this weekend for graduation celebrations:shock: .

Here are the menus:

1st party for 30 ppl (noon)

Appetizers
Crudités platter
Fruit platter
Smoked salmon and crab cakes

Sides
Mixed greens with feta cheese, candied pecans and cranberries
Baked Beans
Corn on the cob
Red Beans and rice
Corn muffins

Meats
Teriyaki tri tip steaks
Tequila Lime Chicken
Baby Back Ribs

Dessert
Ice cream Sundaes

Drop off Service for 17 ppl (4:30 p.m.)

Sides
Baked Beans
Corn muffins

Meats
Smoked tri tip
BBQ Chicken

Final Party for 132 ppl (5:30 p.m.)

Sides
Baked Beans
Dinner rolls

Meats
Sausage Links (hot, mild, chix, beef)
BBQ Chicken (featuring Mista’s BBQ sauce)

Anywho with all this ahead of me a couple of weeks ago, I briefly pondered on who I could trust to assist me with such a labor intensive day. First name to pop into my head was Mista! Sent Mista a pm and he was onboard for this past Saturday to serve as Sous Chef. Brother Mista told me he would be at my house at 7:30 am and he was there on time. He immediately gets out of the car checks the smoker temp adds wood as I was busy making red beans and rice and starting baked beans. He then starts brewing tea and making lemonade. We finish loading the rig, van and explorer and we are off to our first location at Goleta Beach. Upon arrival Mista mans the smoker and grill with the items for the first party as I prepare the appetizers, etc. We feed the first party, start for the second party, pack, load and off to our second destination.

We arrive at our second location Girsh park about 2 miles from the beach function.
Again, Mista mans the smoker and grill as I do the setup. I pack up for the 17 person dropoff and leave; takes me about 20 minutes in total. After everyone is fed at the 3rd event we pack up and head to the barn tired as hell and with major cleanup ahead. Once we get to the barn I look at Mista and tell him he can crash at my place. He explains that he’s got morning plans with the Mrs. Mista and needs to go home. I tell him do not worry about the clean up, just get on the road brother (worried about him driving as tired as we both were).
Mista calls me an hour or so later and tells me he made it home.

It took me most of yesterday to get everything cleaned and re-packed. Wifey got back around 5pm and helped as well. What a helluva weekend and it would not have been possible without Mista, thanks my brother you saved me:eusa_clap !

We had no real time to take pics, but I did manage this one.
BigMista.jpg

Great Post BBS....Looks Like the Hard work was all worth it though!That food on the Table Looks fantastic!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I Love Sausage!

Mista....feel free to post your number lol I can always use help like that great job on the assist!!

sombody has bigger cahoooonas then I do...scheduled 3 gigs in one day?!?!

GUTSIEST MOVE I HAVE EVER SEEN MAVERICK!! :eusa_clap

Mista....feel free to post your number lol I can always use help like that great job on the assist!!

sombody has bigger cahoooonas then I do...scheduled 3 gigs in one day?!?!

GUTSIEST MOVE I HAVE EVER SEEN MAVERICK!! :eusa_clap

Thanks, I know, I am a little nuts:biggrin:

Back