Good knife for slicing brisket

^^^^I've broken 2 cheap chefs knives smashing garlic with the side of the blade :doh:
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
Knife or technique?
You have to be certain you are driving the heel of your hand into the blade DIRECTLY over the garlic, for if you strike lower the leverage will snap most steels.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
Knife or technique?
You have to be certain you are driving the heel of your hand into the blade DIRECTLY over the garlic, for if you strike lower the leverage will snap most steels.

Knife. You know the sets given out for Christmas. The blade goes into the handle maybe an inch. Ive seperated knife from handle. I am rather clumsy too so maybe just a little technique.

Knife. You know the sets given out for Christmas. The blade goes into the handle maybe an inch. Ive seperated knife from handle. I am rather clumsy too so maybe just a little technique.

Okay. When you crush stuff, lay the flat with the object up near the top of the blade , in the top 20% area. Then (for you as a leftie) put the fingers of your right hand flat across the blade at the point end up where it is wider enough to apply downward pressure. Let the point of your fingers touch the board away from the knife.
Use your left heel of hand to strike downward. Your other hand holds the knife still in position and no hand is on the handle.
HTH

Suggest you visit your local commercial restaurant supply. They frequently have lots of discontinued knives for a great price! Bought my Montana there.

I too have the 12" Victorinox and it works great. Just wish I had the 14" blade for those full packers, hams and even turkey carving.

Back