Good knife for slicing brisket

I found the Zwilling JA Henckels KolorID 14" Hollow / Granton Edge Slicing Knife, 33110-361 to be the perfect brisket slicer and only about $50. too!

10850101_771137756291934_7402714342604431946_n.jpg

What I use for cutting any meat, it's a very thin knife and flexible.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007BKRR/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00007BKRR&linkCode=as2&tag=handsonkitche-20&linkId=DSR2PO37D7ZKFMS4"]Amazon.com: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 8-Inch Carving: Carving Knives: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21HY8K8RECL.@@AMEPARAM@@21HY8K8RECL[/ame]

Ooh they come in lefty models too. I'm sold, gonna ask for one for Christmas.

For the record while being left handed myself I feel left handed people should be thrown over a cliff at first sign to purge humanity of the defect.

You are buying the best knife for the money.
Have a look at the other ranges made by Fujiwara, the one I own (linked) is highest carbon steel so it is the sharpest, but high carbon is high maintenance.You need to towel it as you use it, wash and dry carefully and so on. If you choose a FKM you get a great and awesome steel but low maintenance. Either way, you are going to be very happy!:thumb:

Last edited:
I have several knives that work well for this, but we always seem to go back to an electric knife when carving large or several briskets. Even use it in competition... We are currently using the KitchenAid version.

Man yall are some wealthy fellars - I use a $14 Electric knife.

Meh, it's $100 for a lifetime of use.

I trying not to spend my own money. I've conveniently left the tab to the website on the tablet in hopes of a Christmas miracle. Now tomorrow I'll just comment how dull this faberware blade is and the trap is set.

Meh, it's $100 for a lifetime of use.

I trying not to spend my own money. I've conveniently left the tab to the website on the tablet in hopes of a Christmas miracle. Now tomorrow I'll just comment how dull this faberware blade is and the trap is set.

An electric knife or s specified slicer like the Amazon linked one can perform ONE task well.
The gyuto will do almost everything.
Slice brisket as thin as you please, carve roasts and BBQ, chop all meats and vegetables, julienne all vegetables, cube dice mice herbs, crush spices and open beers.
You win.
Easy.:thumb:

Back