Going To See What All The Hype Is About With Oakridge Rubs

I buy Dominator in the 5 pound bags. Yes my whole family and all my friends love it that much. Secret weapon is good on just about anything. Habanero Death Dust is the best wing rub on the planet if you like spicy. I haven't tried the Black Ops yet but plan to get a bag on my next order.

Your beef ribs look amazing. Did you cook them in the pan for the entire cook?

four hours on the smoker and three hours in the pan with a little apple juice in the bottom .

Thanks for the review, BBQ Freak! Looks like they turned out awesome!

As a side note, for those of you guys who like my Habanero Death Dust, have you tried our new Jah Love Jerk Seasoning? When prepared correctly (make the paste and marinate for 24 hours!), it's my new favorite way to eat chicken. Period. Almost as much heat as HDD, but the flavor is so unique...

Dang KCMike, now you got me wanting to try another one of your rubs...

I just purchased 2 one pound bags each of dominator and secret weapon to try for first time and anxiously waiting arrival

As a side note, for those of you guys who like my Habanero Death Dust, have you tried our new Jah Love Jerk Seasoning? When prepared correctly (make the paste and marinate for 24 hours!), it's my new favorite way to eat chicken. Period. Almost as much heat as HDD, but the flavor is so unique...

TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT!!! ^^^

lol

I'm out of Secret Weapon and the HDD is dangerously low. I'll try a bag of the jerk rub with my next order. Thanks for the tip.

Could you explain this paste in detail, please. I recently fell in love with a jamacian jerk Taco done by a local restaurant, and would like to try and do a version of it with your rub. Thanks

well they came out great and loved that these ribs had a good fat marble and was tender but not fall off the bone . the rub was awesome and will use again for sure and they got my vote and now I see what the hype was about . I smoked them with Hickory and Cherry for 4 hours around 280 degrees , wrapped them in a foil pan with a little apple juice and cooked for 3 more hours .

Wow.. Those look damm delicious !

Could you explain this paste in detail, please. I recently fell in love with a jamacian jerk Taco done by a local restaurant, and would like to try and do a version of it with your rub. Thanks

Nevermind, I see it on the site. PLacing an order soon :loco:

I just found out that there is a local store that is a Oakridge dealer and has a large order coming in end of the week. Going to try these out. Glad to have been following this thread as well.

I just found out that there is a local store that is a Oakridge dealer and has a large order coming in end of the week. Going to try these out. Glad to have been following this thread as well.
That coffee place? Did you ask if they're getting any of the jamacian rub

The paste is really simple to make. Just use equal parts Jah Love jerk seasoning and peanut oil. Feel free to substitute another type of oil if you're allergic to peanuts. I've also found that using a blender to "mix" the two ingredients together works very well. Just pulse on high until it is evenly blended. The rub and oil will form an emulsion this way and will not separate during marination.

As an additional tweak, you can add a tablespoon or two of low sodium soy sauce to the mixture. Don't add too much and be sure to use the low sodium kind, or else the paste may become too salty.

I've tried it with and without the soy sauce, and while soy sauce may be a traditional ingredient in Jerk, I like the flavor profile without the soy better. YMMV.

Just got my Oakridge order today. I was already cooking some ribeyes sous vide tonight for the family so after I pulled them out of the water bath i put a little olive oil on them and then rubbed one down with the Carne Crosta and another one down with Santa Maria. I then seared them off for a crust at 700 degrees on my BGE over some lump coal with a few pieces of oak. My wife likes steak but is not a big eater of it but she is a big coffee fan. She took one bite of the Carne Crosta one as I was lucky to get a sample of it. :). Both were amazing and we will be ordering more in the future.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 107
Back