THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill was a great guy and will be missed. Jeff, although you and I have never met, I want to thank you for this video.

Have met, worked, and laughed with Bill on a few occasion... and never met a finer person.
He was indeed the chicken master @ the OBR response after Hurricane Sandy at Brick, NJ.

You are greatly missed... prayers for the family.

RIP

[Bill was known as TACK within the BBQ Brethren]

Bill was one of the most decent, caring and wonderful people I was ever blessed to have met and cooked with. The world was a better place with Bill in it. He was loved by all that knew him. My heart goes out to Kathi and the kids.

Bill was an awesome person and a great bbq friend. When I was working an event and not cooking I would run and hide in his site to drink and enjoy life. When competing there was nothing he wouldnt do to help. God bless and Thank You!

Bill's humor, kindness and generosity were perfect examples of what our BBQ family is about. Our prayers go out to his family and friends. Kevin and I will miss him terribly.

Rest in peace friend.

Sorry for your loss everyone. My prayers go out for his family and friends. I never met him but he sounds like an amazing person.

Jeff, I have never met you in person or Brother Bill, but I really teared up yestetday while I watchted your video tribute to Bill, as you talked about the weekends events.
I trulely believe that God puts us in places and with certian people for a reason. Thank you for being there and giving him your Bible.
You are turely a Blessed man.

Bill was without a doubt the most positive, optimistic person I ever met in the world of competition BBQ. I've seen some good folks and made some friends in the past five years, but I've already seen more than enough behavior to turn me off for good. I didn't see Bill a whole lot, but when I did he was an incredibly warm and friendly guy. I remember two years ago at Go Naked having some issues with my smoker and big garish, over the top trailer set up and feeling so sorry for myself. Bill came over and brought me a big plate of shrimp scampi he'd made in his little camp. I think he knew I was upset and needed a little something. That was Bill: always sharing whatever he had and celebrating the success of others as much or more than his own. I will always remember being there for Bill's first GC at Harrisonburg VA in August 2013. Watching that bighearted Sasquatch of a guy walk up to the stage is one of the fondest memories of my time in competition BBQ.

Here are the funeral arrangements per his wife Kathi:

Funeral arrangements for Bill Allen aka Tack aka Hollywood N Swine

Freitag Funeral Home
137 W. Commerce St ext
Bridgeton NJ 08302

Friday 3-20-15
Visitation from 10-12pm
with a short service at 12p

And to the BBQ Community I am asking for you to wear your Team Shirts Please. He would have loved that.
The Obit will be available at freitagfuneralhome.com tomorrow morning.

Wonderful tribute Jeff. Bill was a good man and I was glad to be able to call him a friend- we got to know each other this past year. He was generous of his time and talents- willing to help any one. The highlight was working along side him last April, when a few of the Western NY teams hosted the BBQ lunch for the NY BASS Take a Soldier Fishing Day for the soldiers at Fort Drum. He will truly be missed. Prayers for Kathie & his family.

Back