THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
So I decided to go grab a rack of ribs and see how they turn out on the new pellet smoker. I went simple, left the spares full, just removed the membrane and trimmed up the tip and some fat. I seasoned them with Kosmos Q Dirty Bird Hot and Honey Chipotle Killer Bee. Put them in the smoker on extreme smoke using Lunberjack 100% Cherry pellets (they smell great!) It’s holding at 180*. I’ll kick it up to about 300 in a couple hours when I feel the meat has taken enough smoke.

As you can see I’m also smoking a cabbage. I’ve never done this but I’ve tasted smoked cabbage about 20 yrs ago (lol) and it was delicious. I’m giving it a go! I just removed a couple of the outer leaves, rubbed it with olive oil and Dirty Bird.

I can’t wait to see how this all turns out!

Still trying to figure out the pic resize. I can’t do it through the app apparently and using Imgur on my phone but through the website is a pain. I may have it somewhat figured out? :biggrin1:

jpGyDp8.jpg

Cabbage
C5AGgwb.jpg

Looks great so far. Personally, I take cabbage and put it directly on the coals. I’ve never tried smoking it but am curious.

Mighty fine Andrew.

Thanks Marty!

This looks like a great adventure.

I can nearly smell it from here.

Thanks Marc! Smells great, huh? :biggrin1:

Looks great so far. Personally, I take cabbage and put it directly on the coals. I’ve never tried smoking it but am curious.

Thank you! The cabbage is looking a little dry at the moment but it’s early.

I bet these turn out great. Low smoking with 100% cherry...hmmmmm!

Looking really good Andrew. Great idea on the cabbage

Thanks fellas!

The ribs look great. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of smoking cabbage- or grilling it for that matter.

Thanks Bill!

Yes SIR!!!

Next time, core the cabbage, pack it full of butter and pan it...

Thanks for the tips Jeremy. I not sure the cabbage is gonna turn out the way I did it. Lol. But I bet your recommendations would definitely work!

You're in for a surprise Andrew. Best ribs I've ever done (second to the stick burner) was on the pellet grill. My bro don't want ribs any other way.

Man those ribs look amazing Sako!

looking good mate, pictures are a good size, you using a laptop or?

Thanks Titch! I’m using my iPhone 11 Pro Max phone.

After my last post, I thought, why not just do what Jeremy said now?

Not quite a stick of butter but prob about half. And a little more seasoning. The cabbage was actually a little softer than it looked but I felt it still needed some moisture.

Here’s an updated cook picture. I pushed the temp to 230* about an hour ago. I’m gonna kick it up to 300 soon.

MmYnofi.jpg

Earlier:
yPIx3LG.jpg

The dang cabbage is still not quite done. Here’s a pic of the ribs after slicing. They had a mild smoke flavor and were very good! I figured the smoke would be mild because I had cherry pellets in the cooker. Cherry is mild anyway, I’ll probably stick to the hickory pellets, but I wanted to experiment. The smoke flavor was definitely there and the only way I can describe it is a “clean” smoke flavor. Anyway I’ll get a pic of the cabbage when it finishes but it’s not gonna be as pretty as the ribs. :biggrin1:

HIN5kUj.jpg

Back