Recteq size

1070 vs 590 - I may have mentioned it, but the internal difference is my firepot is flush to the floor. Rain gets in the barrel and seeks the lowest point, igniter gets wet, pops the circuit. Eventually the igniter gives out and I call for a warranty replacement. So if I lived in a drier state, I'd probably be giving the 1070 5 stars.

This is the issue I have with the 1070 as well — though in my case it wasn’t the ignitor that was the issue but the 8” of pellet goo that jammed up the auger when the pellets wicked that water back towards the hopper.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend some of the other Rectec designs like the 1250. I had the original 680 and it was bullet proof

This is the issue I have with the 1070 as well — though in my case it wasn’t the ignitor that was the issue but the 8” of pellet goo that jammed up the auger when the pellets wicked that water back towards the hopper.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend some of the other Rectec designs like the 1250. I had the original 680 and it was bullet proof

I've done auger surgery as well. Good pair of vice grips going counter clockwise, then beat out the pellet-crete with rebar and a hammer. Good times.

I have had a 1250 with the warming box for over a year. It replaced a six-year old RecTeq mini. I gifted the mini to a friend, and it is still going strong.

Like others have said, the 1250 is not perfect, but I am very happy with mine. It does everything I need very well, and the quality is great. It is a very good pellet smoker for the price.

I do not have the comp cart, and have never seen the need for my purposes. But I parked the 1250 on my pool deck and it only moves a few feet from time to time.

Good luck with your choice. All of the products you have mentioned are great.

Zep grill spray twice a year (spring/fall) keeps it pretty nice. The hopper doesn't get hot, but the cover/shelf to the hopper does. Don't put your beer on there. I love it for loading/unloading the grill and I didn't have to pay extra like the other models. I usually just wet wipe the shelf after a cook and it comes clean, it's holding up well in that regard. The inside looks pretty decent because I make pizza a few times a year and anything caught on the inside flakes off pretty easily and then I can just vacuum it out.

1070 vs 590 - I may have mentioned it, but the internal difference is my firepot is flush to the floor. Rain gets in the barrel and seeks the lowest point, igniter gets wet, pops the circuit. Eventually the igniter gives out and I call for a warranty replacement. So if I lived in a drier state, I'd probably be giving the 1070 5 stars.

I didn't realize the put the fire pot flush with the bottom of the chamber. That is really asking for problems. I have not had any water problems with mine, thankfully. Good to hear that the stainless doesn't give you too much of a problem.

Back