THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I do St Louis now since the few times that I have done full spares the tips get dried out, how did you keep the whole spare so juicy?

More than likely I'll have to give credit to the pig. However, I don't mind sharing what I did on this rack.

Pretty standard stuff - minimum trim (remove flap and square rack), rub applied to both sides, 275* nekid on the offset for 3 hours, made a foil boat with some OJ & melted butter (1/4+ cup) and covered the boat with foil for 30-45 minutes, uncovered and glazed while still in boat for another 15-30 minutes. Finally, re-covered and rested (still in boat) for about 3 hours in a warm oven. I have become dependent on the long rest/hold and I think a lot of recent success is because of that. Hope this works for you as well. :thumb:

I like mine as you described, minimally trimmed, but with flap & membrane removed, and seasoned to enhance flavor, not be the star of the show.

One of the very few times my laziness paid off is when I didn't feel like trimming my whole spares and just decided to cook them whole.

NEVER.TRIMMED.A-GAIN!!!!

Just bought 2 full racks at Aldi...$2.19 a pound with $2 off stickers. Small racks so I got mine for $7 a piece.

Part of this weekends variety special in the smoker. :eyebrows:

I can get them and the price is better than trimmed. I have a knife if needed

Back