Fresh Picked Veggies ~ With A Side of Sirloin

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Round one of our local sweet corn was ready about 3 weeks ago, and the second crop was ready to pick this weekend. My neighbor grows zucchini and tomatoes so I had all three in hand about 7 hours after picking. Oh, for protein a sirloin seemed like a good fit....

For the tomatoes I did an Italian herb medley topped with a robusto olive oil, the corn was grilled and basted with salted garlic butter, and the zucchini were lightly seasoned and baked on a sheet pan. The sirloin was marinated in garlic, olive oil, sherry, Worcestershire, and a splash of Head Country Marinade.

Using the GrillGrates, the sirloin was a one turn steak and finished at 131°..., and everything literally came together in about 4 minutes.

zDuFKyh.jpg

BRtPyC3.jpg

oVl79qI.jpg

F1n2sxK.jpg

Love this time of year for all the veggies!

Oh yeh your steak looks like a good accompaniment.

Every bit of that looks great! My favorite is the corn...my favorite reason for gardening in the summer!

Tastee lookin vittles.I cannot wait to get into my new home and let the canning begin.SOOOO much better than storebought stuff.

Every bit of that looks great! My favorite is the corn...my favorite reason for gardening in the summer!

I don't have the room for corn plus two ears per stalk doesn't work for me. However, I have access to outstanding farm corn. My group of friends makes a group buy around 150 dozen, and the farmer picks it at 6am. By early afternoon, it's all delivered.

I don't have the room for corn plus two ears per stalk doesn't work for me. However, I have access to outstanding farm corn. My group of friends makes a group buy around 150 dozen, and the farmer picks it at 6am. By early afternoon, it's all delivered.[/Q8UOTE]

That is awesome you support the locals and get a good product! Corn picked in the morning is the best tasting. I usually only make room for one name brand envelope of corn in my gardens. It definitely takes some space to grow.

Back