Free ( to me ) brand new BGE if I want one

BBQButler

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Sooooo---- I have perfected my grilling techniques ( indirect, direct, smoking and even using a gasser ). My dad who has been a gas man for the past 30 years got a BGE. He got one a week ago and is hooked to it like pron. He wants to buy me one. My initial response was I don't need one ( of course they are pretty and I can make room) but woul I really use it. I currently own a 10 year old lifetime warranty SS Jenn-air gasser ( for convenience or cleaning grill grates), 26.75 Weber kettle, two 18" WSM's, 22 WSM, 22.5 performer, 18 smoker Joe platinum. Idk what I would cook on the BGE. I use my 26.75 almost every weekend. I probably need to pass down a WSM and kettle or 2 anyway .. Is the BGE really all it's cracked up to be?

You owe it to your father as a loving and loyal son to share in his new found passion. After all he gave you life, all he ask is that you accept a gift of love and respect to his most honorable son. :wink:

The BGE is a really good cooker............and you can get one for free?

Jump on that!

I'd say go for it....I just added the joe to my lineup a couple weeks ago and it really does fill a niche IMO. Love it!

If I had the cooking arsenal you do plus a big green egg , I would give one of my cooking devises away to make some room and it would NOT be the BGE ! Just saying .

I never thought I needed a kamado either until I got one. Now my Weber's collect dust. I still use my 22.5" WSM when I need the larger capacity for making bacon and for comps since it's easier to haul but other than that I use the Kamado 100% of the time...they are that good and mind isn't even one of the "big 3" it's just a Vision from Sam's.

I'm asking about the BGE. I know they are cool -- just more curious about those who have the, and experiences. ( I can cook badass on what I have, thus always thought the BGE was a waste of money ) --- but my dad thinks they are the "best appliance ever made ". So --- I am looking at one. Perhaps some of my grill cooks would be better--- I can't see using it in leu of my WSM.

Back