THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
So decided on a last minute entry, had some Hatch chiles in the fridge so threw them on the Big Joe to roast up.

vYn4wzZh.jpg

Q8dmBHvh.jpg

August/Sept is a great time of year. Hatch season, cactus pear season and Melrose pepper season. These are smaller peppers with no heat at all, used by Italians. Originally brought over by immigrants from the old country and planted in Melrose Park IL. Also known as Friggitelli in other parts of the world. Here's a couple good stories about them.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/recipes/ct-melrose-peppers-food-0816-20170810-story.html

https://resto.newcity.com/2020/10/21/on-the-secret-menu-at-osteria-trulli-melrose-peppers/

aSZkWWSh.jpg

7yLo0n8h.jpg

Diced up some hatch peppers and greens to make a chimichurri suace.

RDmQXtMh.jpg

ovjhH83h.jpg

Some hatch au gratin potatoes...

MFFifqgh.jpg

Found a nice sized flank steak in the bargain bin for $10, seasoned up with Porkmafia Texas Gold and onto the Joe.

YJE4sSTh.jpg

4JMb2EVh.jpg

zMjouoOh.jpg

oKBzAhZh.jpg

Grilled up some mushrooms...

gHxzGKhh.jpg

Bubba is up for a visit and we all sat down for dinner.... AND, I forgot to snap a plated shot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It was tasty, Bubba Approved.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow, that looks amazing, Andy! Would have loved to see how it all looked plated.

Guess it will be just Wayne and me...:pout:

Best of intentions... I guess I could have entered the pic of the peppers roasting. :mrgreen: :pound: :razz:

Entry or not, the food looked on it way to being awesome! I love anything with peppers and that dish looks like I would be pleased.

Back