Appetizer - Chips Smoked Roasted Salsa Roja

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Ready to take my seasoned molcajete for it's maiden grind. Prepped tomatoes, garlic, Serrano and jalapenos along with white onion. Into the pellet cooker on a Weber grill square. 200 for an hour then three hundred until the ingredients were barely charred. the garlic were like squishy jelly beans. Tomatoes were meat side down to lose some m9sture. Everything into molcajete and grind, squished and again. I don't remove skins until easy after mixed together. Skins come right out.. Jane's crazy salt was only additional seasoning. Bride said it was a perfect heat. I thought it outstanding in flavor but severely lacking scovilles.

An appetizer of chips and roasted salsa roja to go with basic tacos.

Last edited:
Zero filters nor adjustments to photos. That's the true colors start to finish. This was cool but not coolest thing I saw today. Went to a Mexican grocery-meat market where I witnessed an amazing custom order being picked up and paid for. Two bags of jalapeno poppers. 125 each bag, 250 total. I was in awe.

At the risk of stalking, I would have followed those bags home, just to see.......

Great looking salsa and beverage. Since you like Don, consider Casa noble. We like both.

Looks amazing Adam’s! We’ve been doing our own salsas a few months now and I want to start roasting them up !

Back