THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
I got this pooper for grilling mainly, I'll "Smoke" in it occassionally. Sear Daddy : Flame Kissed Steaks. I don't care about sear marks but have always liked a flame kissed steak with a lil char to it, so istead of spending $89 on grill grates I spent the $89 on a Sear Daddy..............

pull out the burn pot flame cover and drip pan, put this thing in, add some rocks and crank it up. I tried to get a temp but my Ryobi IR gun kept going to Error - only goes to 600*.

hpRBLh0l.jpg

OKzeNOpl.jpg

5Tbqd4yl.jpg

pv4Wi6wl.jpg

OjrB0M1l.jpg

X1Kt4Tol.jpg

ap00s34l.jpg

:heh:

Last edited:
Nice looking sear.

I like that you have a fire extinguisher right there handy. I should probably do that too...and maybe stop wearing my "good" crocs to grill in.

This is most likely a dum question - do you keep the sear daddy in there all the time unless you want to use it as a smoker?

This is most likely a dum question - do you keep the sear daddy in there all the time unless you want to use it as a smoker?

Sear Daddy stays in most of the time as I will grill on this thing more than smoke - but I switch out Sear Daddy and burn pot cover /grease pan as needed.

I sometimes joke about the gas grills we had when I was young - with lava rock beds. They would flare up during cooking and you'd pour beer on the grill to knock the flames down. You had to watch close. A little beer for the grill, a little for me..

Modern gas grills do not flame nearly as much, but I don't think the flavor is as good.

I sometimes joke about the gas grills we had when I was young - with lava rock beds. They would flare up during cooking and you'd pour beer on the grill to knock the flames down. You had to watch close. A little beer for the grill, a little for me..

Modern gas grills do not flame nearly as much, but I don't think the flavor is as good.

5 years ago I broke down and bought my first gas grill ever - a Weber E-210 just to do quick burgers and dogs on instead of the stove.

I gave it to my neighbor 6 months later. Back to charcoal. Just ain't the same taste. :mad:

Last edited:
Back