THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And you’re happy with the flavor of food it puts out? I’ve read so many comments about PG flavor being different or “not as Smokey” but I sure would like to get one for the family for its ease of use.

From the brisket he brought to the bash it puts out plenty of smoke. Had a nice lite smoke flavor which I like and is the reason I use Oak instead of Hickory on my Shirley. Can’t stand belching smoke for hours after eating.

I know my Assassin PG puts out plenty of smoke even when cooking at 300° +. My wife loves the smoke flavor on the chicken I cook on it.

From the brisket he brought to the bash it puts out plenty of smoke. Had a nice lite smoke flavor which I like and is the reason I use Oak instead of Hickory on my Shirley. Can’t stand belching smoke for hours after eating.

I know my Assassin PG puts out plenty of smoke even when cooking at 300° +. My wife loves the smoke flavor on the chicken I cook on it.

I’m the say way with smoke. If there is just a hint of bitterness it ruins it for me. I’d rather have a light sweet smoke flavor over a bitter anyway.

And you’re happy with the flavor of food it puts out? I’ve read so many comments about PG flavor being different or “not as Smokey” but I sure would like to get one for the family for its ease of use.
I'm liking it so far. But smoke is a personal thing. Hickory pellets seem to work better but I've only tried 2 different kinds so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Different Pellet grills put out different smoke flavor intensity. My old GMG, my Mak, and my old stickburner have the same smoke flavor profile since all 3 are burning a small hot fire. My Mak puts out the most smoke flavor of the 3 and my old GMG put out the least of the three. I like all 3 equally as far as flavor but for different scenarios though. To me smoke flavor quality is far more important than smoke flavor intensity. The best smoke quality comes from a small hot all wood fire imo.

Back