THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
I Like it. :heh: If you are in the Market for a Affordable Pellet Grill take a Look at Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro. Better than Traegers, Pitboss n Camp Chef - Better Controller and Heavier Heat Deflector and Drip Pan and possibly slightly Heavier guage Body - Pellet Dump to change out Pellets - for only a lil bit more $ and Cheaper than the RecTecs.

Pellet Pro 440 - $599
Pellet Pro 680 - $699 (what I'd get if not a RecTec.)
Pellet Pro 770 - $775
Pellet Pro 1190 -$849

Cheap Shipping (You Only Pay the Residential Delivery Fee).........
Free Shipping if you pick it up at a Freight Terminal...........

https://smokedaddyinc.com/

Just wondering what makes one controller better than another?

I dont know know for sure - All I know is I've Seen Tons of threads on multi forums and videos on Youtube about Flame outs and wild temp swings etc on Traegers, PitBoss's and Camp Chef and seen many upgrade their controller to a Smoke Daddy or Savannah..........

think the cheap controllers are programmed to feed/fan on a timed cycle for a set set temp and better one ones monitor the temp and make adjustments to fan and feed - or something of that Nature.

The Smoke Dsddy fan puffs on and off when at temp and only blows when below temp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That Crockett the Sleebus jones had at the Bash was bad to the Bone. I may get one.
I agree. That's the one I was ready to buy but the place was out of stock. I think it's really solid.

It's a solid machine. I filled the hopper to 1/2" to the top. Cooked all day, from around 9am till maybe 3pm? Anyway, this is how much it used:

aJglu4Jl.jpg

It's very easy on pellets.

I bought a pellet pro feeder/hopper from smoke daddy about a month ago and I’ve been very impressed so far. The PID controller has been rock solid. Dennis is a good guy as well. He was very helpful when spoke with him.

The thing I like about smoke daddy is the accessories he has. He has a direct flame grilling attachment, cold smoker attachment, “stickburner”, etc. The steel is also very heavy gauge relative to other pellet smokers. He also has an ash removal set up for the firepot for extra cost in addition to a standard pellet dump feature. Personally between all the “cheaper” pellet smokers I think it’s best value. I’ve done my homework if you can’t tell lol
Oh and he probably has the best controller out of the more affordable pellet smokers which I think is the first thing everyone should look at when buying a pellet smoker.

I bought a pellet pro feeder/hopper from smoke daddy about a month ago and I’ve been very impressed so far. The PID controller has been rock solid. Dennis is a good guy as well. He was very helpful when spoke with him.
What did you put it on?

I think I'm going to the pull the trigger. Smoke output good on this pg?
I think it is. Nobody complained at the bash about the brisket i cooked on it. Hard to tell what someone else considers good smoke though.

Very good end of summer prices.

Which model did you get PJ, and which assessories are good to have?

Very good end of summer prices.

Which model did you get PJ, and which assessories are good to have?
I got the 440. I went basic. Just got the SS front shelf. If I got a bigger model i would have got the bigger hopper. I do like the SS lid too.

I got the 440. I went basic. Just got the SS front shelf. If I got a bigger model i would have got the bigger hopper. I do like the SS lid too.

And you’re happy with the flavor of food it puts out? I’ve read so many comments about PG flavor being different or “not as Smokey” but I sure would like to get one for the family for its ease of use.

Back