Fixed my Pooper

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
I got this pooper for grilling mainly, I'll "Smoke" in it occassionally. Sear Daddy : Flame Kissed Steaks. I don't care about sear marks but have always liked a flame kissed steak with a lil char to it, so istead of spending $89 on grill grates I spent the $89 on a Sear Daddy..............

pull out the burn pot flame cover and drip pan, put this thing in, add some rocks and crank it up. I tried to get a temp but my Ryobi IR gun kept going to Error - only goes to 600*.

hpRBLh0l.jpg

OKzeNOpl.jpg

5Tbqd4yl.jpg

pv4Wi6wl.jpg

OjrB0M1l.jpg

X1Kt4Tol.jpg

ap00s34l.jpg

:heh:

Last edited:
Nice looking sear.

I like that you have a fire extinguisher right there handy. I should probably do that too...and maybe stop wearing my "good" crocs to grill in.

This is most likely a dum question - do you keep the sear daddy in there all the time unless you want to use it as a smoker?

This is most likely a dum question - do you keep the sear daddy in there all the time unless you want to use it as a smoker?

Sear Daddy stays in most of the time as I will grill on this thing more than smoke - but I switch out Sear Daddy and burn pot cover /grease pan as needed.

I sometimes joke about the gas grills we had when I was young - with lava rock beds. They would flare up during cooking and you'd pour beer on the grill to knock the flames down. You had to watch close. A little beer for the grill, a little for me..

Modern gas grills do not flame nearly as much, but I don't think the flavor is as good.

I sometimes joke about the gas grills we had when I was young - with lava rock beds. They would flare up during cooking and you'd pour beer on the grill to knock the flames down. You had to watch close. A little beer for the grill, a little for me..

Modern gas grills do not flame nearly as much, but I don't think the flavor is as good.

5 years ago I broke down and bought my first gas grill ever - a Weber E-210 just to do quick burgers and dogs on instead of the stove.

I gave it to my neighbor 6 months later. Back to charcoal. Just ain't the same taste. :mad:

Last edited:
Back