First try Rotisserie Fried Chicken & How I did it...lots of Pr0n

The Colonel would be so jealous.

Nice yardbird!
Thanks Pat! Tap your finger on the shell of the chicken and you can feel it and hear it...bite into it and it's tasty juicy heaven. Soo good, you gotta try it for sure.

Inspiration for me to try the recipe again. The first time I tried it I had some so-so results.
Jason how did you try it before? I saw a few other posts which gave me inspiration for this. Maybe besides the dipping and re dipping I'd credit the heat... man it was a toasty cook!

That looks really good, I have a basket like that, been looking for something to try with it. I think this is it. Wondering if I can do corn unwrapped on open fire, or will it dry too much?

I didn't cook anywhere near 500* when I tried it last. I will this time around.

That looks really good, I have a basket like that, been looking for something to try with it. I think this is it. Wondering if I can do corn unwrapped on open fire, or will it dry too much?

Personally i'd stick with in the husk and wrapped with a little aluminum foil (at least what is close) when dealing with hot flames. They might have been ok without the foil but didn't want to take the chance. Way nice and moist sweetcorn is sooo good!

I didn't cook anywhere near 500* when I tried it last. I will this time around.
You probably did similar as me with the egg wash then flour then egg wash and dip with combo panko and bread crumbs ....so the heat could have been a wild card.

Did you roti or cook and flip? Distance to the heat?

Back