First try Rotisserie Fried Chicken & How I did it...lots of Pr0n

That is out-freaking-standing. Thanks
Thanks Dan! Hey a real nice family bought the old house you rented down the block. We do a block party now it's kind of nice to meet everyone.

I need to try this. Looks awesome, great cook!

Thanks! Go high heat on it for sure...I was 500* -550* at times so the breading can take it. Can't believe how nice hand hard a crispy shell it made!

That looks awesome. That reminds me I have to get a new basket for my roti.

I got a SS one from OneGrill but don't like it as much as the cheaper version from Menards. The OG version isn't well designed to fit a 5/16" spit well but the cheapo does great and cleans up easy in the dishwasher.

They don't have an Menards in PA but do right over the border from you in Ohio.

Wow those look awesome! I have a roti for my Weber kettle I'm going to have to find one of those baskets for it now. I'll definitely be trying this thanks for sharing.

Looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing your process.

KC
Thanks & no problem! Get it very hot and it should do the same.

Man that looks good. Looks Fried too.

:clap2:

Love this forum. Hate it when it leaves me dying to taste the food. Just don't tell me it was delicious.
Yes Yes Yes it was delicious..sorry! lol

It was more than fried, can't believe it had a hard shell

Wow those look awesome! I have a roti for my Weber kettle I'm going to have to find one of those baskets for it now. I'll definitely be trying this thanks for sharing.
I have more fun cooking with that basket, I also have a setup to hang two baskets side by side if more cooking room is needed.

The thighs were bone-in, correct? How long were they on at 500+?
I'm thinking 30 minutes, not very long I know that ....and yes they were bone in thigs.

I got a SS one from OneGrill but don't like it as much as the cheaper version from Menards. The OG version isn't well designed to fit a 5/16" spit well but the cheapo does great and cleans up easy in the dishwasher.

They don't have an Menards in PA but do right over the border from you in Ohio.

I was going to get the one grill performer setup but I didn't want to pay $140.

$15.36 with shipping from Menards, not bad. I will have to order it. I use to have that same type basket, loved it for chicken thighs.

I was going to get the one grill performer setup but I didn't want to pay $140.

$15.36 with shipping from Menards, not bad. I will have to order it. I use to have that same type basket, loved it for chicken thighs.

No 15 bucks isn't bad at all. I really like Onegrill but they need to gear the spit hole on them more toward 5/16" since that's by far the most common size.

Back