THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browning from Cabelas - same thing. Nuttin wrong with it for the price but I want a Rotating Grate and Deep sides......

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IgxpvN8O_yo[/ame]

Last edited:
honestly Smitty i would get the one for $350 also that you mentioned above, it will be better built and not that Chinese stuff , i really like the rotating main grate

Oh yea rebranded and sold all over. You got access to the custom ones built here, built better with thicker steel for the right price so no brainer.

Checked one out some time back

For the money you're getting a better deal but the one at HD is a pretty solid unit. It was on the upper shelf so I had to climb up to take pics of the bowl :biggrin1: Only thing I did care for were the chrome plated expanded metal grates. They were fine and would do the job but..

What is looks like overall

YRyetKSh.jpg

MAKQdFBh.jpg

y5Zioa9h.jpg

XVgTj0ah.jpg

I checked this one out at HD last year and was very impressed with the quality of the grill. For $200.00, no brainer.

I like the ones with flat sides and decorative cutouts - see the fire/glow thru them BUT sparks/embers can escape much easier AND they be more $$$.......- Smitty's Poor.......

Last edited:
I have checked out the HD cowboy grill for 200 I would have already had it but I got the SM already. I see the rotisserie as useless

alright in my next life when I don't have a SM any longer one of these fire pits is in my future, you can do anything on one of these that I do with my SM and portable too

Sparctek, does it have drain holes.? Do you leave it out in weather.? Cover it.?
What size is the grate.?

it has a drain hole in the center. The grate is 36" diameter, but they make different sizes. I usually cover mine after every cook but I don't think weather would affect it much. You really need to see one in person to appreciate how well built they are.

If one was in an area where you don't have Guys building fire pits or Santa Maria's the HD could probally be modified to swing out Grate. Be harder without welding - but I think a bolt on system could be figured out.

Several places in Texas..... Google image search "Fire Pits" and "Texas Fire Pits" when you see one you like click it and usually has a link to the page it's posted on. Sometimes it's Pinterest but sometimes it's the Builders website.
For example this screen shot - click image to get this then click visit page

Back