Fire Pit Grill OR Santa Maria......

I have a fire pit with swing out and height adjustable grill. It is my go to for grilling steaks, burgers, chicken, veggies, pretty much anything. I got it from Circle J Fab in White Settlement. It is 1/4 inch steel and the grill top is CNC cut from 3/16 steel plate. This thing is solid but I can still adjust height pretty easy, even with food on it.

Tractor Rim is all you need :-D

lake%20pix%20169res_zps7vspsk3t.jpg

Thanks, Kevin! I was going to say the same thing. :becky:

lake%20pix%20120res_zpsw4uibwuq.jpg

Cook and keep warm. All you need is a tractor rim, Smitty. :-D

Cowgirl, what size is a tractor rim.? Diameter and Depth.?

30 x 11 There is a 3" hole cut out of the bottom on one side for good air flow.

I have used the heck out of it. Just tip it on it's side and roll it where I need it. It's heavy duty, but I can just lift it up onto the pickup tailgate to take camping.
It will pretty much cook anything.
Came off of a Ford 8N or 9N.

Definitely both, if could only have one I would choose a Santa Maria.

Last edited:
I have the lone star grillz 48" firepit. It's a monster 36" diameter cook surface. We love it and use it often, I highly recommend them. We cook steaks, oysters , veggies and anything else on it

CT-Mike,

That OFYR pit looks sleek. I'll have to look up how much one would damage the wallet. May be worth it.

I've been chewing over whether to go full force with a Shirley trailer complete with smoker and Santa Maria vs getting the 2 separately from 2 different manufacturers.

i would have the SM from Costco shipped to SF and have them mount it for you.

The Wife wants a Fire Pit style one so Her and Friends can sit around it and sip beverages in Fall n Winter.........she's cool with me cooking on it but wants it to look Decent and would like the Rail around it to put feet on.....

i would have the SM from Costco shipped to SF and have them mount it for you.

It turns out that Shirley makes a Santa Maria of its own. Checkout THE Shirley fab picture thread and you'll see the SF designed and built SM mounted on reverse of main smoker by Hoss. It looks like an SM but you can tell it's beefed up Shirley style.

Most SM grills are 3/16 while SF can use 1/4. I might also see if they'd offer 3/8 with a Klose style lid. Klose has a swiveling lid that swings out of the way before the Santa Maria wheel cranks the grate up. I like the idea of heat retention with the Klose lid. If it's not in the cards, I could buy a freestanding Klose SM which he simply calls a steak grill

Last edited:
Back