Finally nice enough to break out the new Battle Box

Sweet new smoker.

Looking forward to seeing you get that bad boy loaded down !

What's the operating temp range on that Battle Box ?

A Badazz Humphreys doesn't need Nice weather. :confused:

I'm not too worried about the bad weather now. I was just wanting it to get above freezing so I could wipe out the inside of it and get it seasoned.

Now that it is seasoned we can bring on the chilly temps :clap2: Which looks like it should not be too much of a problem since the forecast says it is not supposed to get above 32 degrees here for the next couple of weeks.

Nice looking smoker. What are you planning for the first cook?

Thinking I may try out some brisket for the first cook. I've got ribs and butts down on my Weber but have never been able to make a brisket I was truly happy with so I figure why not start with the hard stuff.

Side table

Looks nice!

Did you consider adding on the drop down SS side table accessory that humphreys sells?

Looks nice!

Did you consider adding on the drop down SS side table accessory that humphreys sells?

Had I known it was available at the time I placed my order I would have added it. Unfortunately I did not know it was an option at the time.

I've asked the guys from Humphrey's if it is possible to buy one and add it myself. They said it is but it won't be as strong because they weld in additional braces to support it and to add it on later you would just use anchors. I'm still considering if I want to do that.

Very nice looking smoker Kolky, did you order through St. Louis BBQ Store? I've been working with Scott and finally pulled the trigger yesterday to order my Down East Beast. Can't wait for it to arrive in 5-6 weeks. Like you I have been smoking on my WSM and have decided to step-up to a cabinet smoker. How was your experience with Humphrey ? Were they on schedule and did they deliver what you ordered?

Very nice looking smoker Kolky, did you order through St. Louis BBQ Store? I've been working with Scott and finally pulled the trigger yesterday to order my Down East Beast. Can't wait for it to arrive in 5-6 weeks. Like you I have been smoking on my WSM and have decided to step-up to a cabinet smoker. How was your experience with Humphrey ? Were they on schedule and did they deliver what you ordered?

I ordered it through St. Louis BBQ Store. Ron and the guys over there made it easy. It took a little longer than originally expected but that was due to all the snow they got in the north east.

Great looking cooker! Were the casters on the bottom included in the price or were they an add on? I'm saving my money for a BB and hope to order one by the end of the year.

They are add-on but if you get the right size base you can use just about whatever kind you'd like. They just slide into a groove and then a bolt keeps them from coming out.

Good looking smoker! I recently got a Weeble from the fellas at St. Louis. Hope to have some ribs this week, so more pics to come. So far I ran a chicken and 2 pork loins, both turned out very good. These cookers are spot on amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 57
Back