Favorite Commercial Rub for Chicken?

Lots of good ones out there including Oakridge, Yardbird & Slap-yo-mama, but my go to is Tony Chachere's.

I like the Treager pork and poultry on chicken. For hot wings I use Daddy Hinkle's spicy pepper

North of Dothan, AL there's a grocery store we drive past on our semi-annual trip to Florida at Hwy 231 and 59 just West of Midland, AL. I always stop there on the way home and pick up whatever inventory they have of Backyard BBQ rub. Love it on sheecone baby!

I have to admit I haven't tried a bunch of different rubs, but Plowboys Yardbird is awesome on chicken. I like HDD too for a good kick.

You best bet is to come up with your own rub so you will always be able to duplicate the flavor

That is Completely BackAzzWards of what happens to me. I'll finally mix up something Good and can't remember what I did.........:shock:

I do like to mix Kickin Chicken with Italian Dessing for overnite marinade.

i tried old bay seasoning on some chicken drumsticks a few days ago, it tasted great.

I did old bay on chicken wings a few weeks ago and we loved them! Quick and easy which I enjoy.

Penzey's Northwoods is also pretty good if you have a store locally. I think they make a great product but $.

Smokie Oakie is good stuff.
Also like John Henry's Pecan.

Of course the Simply Marvelous stuff goes without saying.

But honestly, I've been using Montreal Chicken seasoning pretty exclusively for quite a while now on chicken, whether whole or parts. it's just got a real savory flavor without all the sugar in it to burn. It holds up really well.

For a quick grab and go, I like Badia "Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning" on parts.

Even better skip the rub, and marinade / baste with 50/50 Shack Attack / Italian dressing.

Whole bird; Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary, Basil, Sage, and onion or any combo. of these.

I love Yardbird, David Klose's Poultry Seasoning is very good, and one that will kind of catch you off guard in name only, but Oakridge BBQ Venison & Wild Game Seasoning is awesome on chicken!

I'm sure you've tried this being from Tacoma and all, but Johnny's Seasoning Salt is hard to beat on the bird!

http://johnnysfinefoods.com/products/seasoning-salts/

Johnnys is a local legend and is very good on most everything, but I do love my Yardbirds. I appreciate all the input and I have some great options for future cooks. Thanks!

OR Secret Weapon with some HDD has been my go to!

The last few birds have been done on the PBC and I used the Pit Barrel Original rub and it was really good. Enough so, that I plan to order more.

Galena Street from Penzey's. I then use Brobeck's mustard sauce when finishing on the grill.

Back