Favorite Commercial Chicken Rub(s)?

elm

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Curious as to what your favorite commercial chicken rub(s) is/are. I'll start. I've been using a light but even coating of Malcom's Grande Gringo, followed by a fairly generous coating of KH Hot BBQ Rub (both sides for both). Makes for some REALLY good chicken for tacos or salad. Been using it on well-trimmed boneless, skinless thighs, I let them marinate all day before grilling indirect high heat to 175 or so.

Your turn!

I've tried many different seasonings from cheap to higher end. The one chicken seasoning I return to the most is McCormick Montreal Chicken. I buy it in the 23oz bottle.

Just ordered it. Do you use it pretty liberally or conservatively?

Got Plowboys Yardbird to try first time I used the Ninja Woodfire for wings. Came out great. 10 minutes to get the pecan pellets smoking then 20 minutes to cook the wings.

Second batch was good too but over did it with the Yardbird...too salty. Wish commercial rubs also came in an unsalted version so you could add your own.

Light to medium coat of Yardbird followed by a medium coat of Cimarron Docs or Eat BBQ Zero to Hero. Just as good or better... medium coat of Kosmos Q Dirty Bird followed with the same

• Thanks
Reactions: elm
Hands down my favorite chicken rub of all time.

OW-RUB-A05-2.jpg

Hands down my favorite chicken rub of all time.

OW-RUB-A05-2.jpg

I tried this because of many on here who loved it. I was disappointed by it but could very well just be me.

I love Dirty Bird and Heath Riles' Garlic Jalapeno on chicken never tried them together..

• Thanks
Chicken tickler No sugar in it so cooking hot for crispy skin is no problem. It is a little salty so a thin layer does the trick.

• Thanks
I like to dry brine a whole chicken over night with Killer Hogs AP. Then, sprinkle on Montreal Chicken just before hanging on the Bronco.

I like to dry brine a whole chicken over night with Killer Hogs AP. Then, sprinkle on Montreal Chicken just before hanging on the Bronco.

This post is awesome!

Back in the day I used these two but in reverse….

Brine with Montreal and add some “stuffs n thangs”

Sprinkle with Malcom’s AP…. Smoke to 165

Killa every time!

Back