Favorite commercial rub?

Pretty much the way my world spins. Product shortages like kosher salt. I'd been thinking of using up my stash of Oakridge mostly, quite a few others and reclaiming cabinet space using Kosher Salt- Lawry's and 16 mesh pepper. Tweaks can be made using various brands of seasoned salt, garlic, onion etc. It really does produce a great flavor on feather, fins and fur.

I'm still intrigued by those Carolina pitmasters that season their meats with smoke, anything else like salt and pepper come later with a thin sauce. And they use a shovel when they cook

Real BBQ.

To your question, lots of great commercial rubs, anymuI try to find one where salt or msg is not the first ingredient.harder than it sounds

Suclebusters is a "no bad stuff" quality commercial rub. They are also a great family owned business helping folks market their brands as well. Sponsorships too. If this box was all I had in my cabinet Id make some great food.

Hog Waller and Hoochie Mama are dang near perfect. Their Chili Seasoning Mixes, glazes and BBq sauces are all top shelf quality.

I have their chili, glazes and QSauce and a few of their seasonings, however I tilted the boat when I loaded up on Oakridge going out of business. Even whilst working my way through current stock I'll buy Sucklebusters HW and HM.

Last edited:
Heath Riles Garlic Jalapeno rub might be the most addictive seasoning i have ever had. Too spicy for my wife but i cant get enough of it. love it on wings and philly's!

Has anyone tried Kent Rollins or The Bearded Butchers rubs?

Original-Seasoning-p85007168

products-bearded-butcher-blend-10-pack-of-seasoning-shakers

Last edited:
Ordered the hog waller rub due to this rec. Came yesterday and tasted good in the hand. Gonna try it on some wings and a slab of ribs in comparison to 2 other rubs this weekend. Thanks!

Back