Drill powered pork puller

Y'all can have those pullers. I pulled 32 butts this morning in about 45 minutes and when I got done I dumped a full bus tub of fat in the slop container. Now I ain't the smartest BBQ cook in the world but it seems to me that all that fat is going to still be in there, it ain't going to evaporate! I have had customers tell me that my BBQ is the cleanest that have ever eat. I pull my butts in individual loins and pieces and put it in bus tubs and use 2 spatulas on the flattop to finish pulling it as I warm it. Leaving it in bigger pieces also keeps it more fresh while it's in the cooler.
Jeff Therrell
Sweetfire BBQ Lincolnton NC

We sell the Ro-Man puller....We recommend getting as much visible fat off as possible. After that, if you pulse the puller by only holding the trigger for a short amount of time and then release you will get good size chunks that aren't too "shredded".

I can not deny the appeal of efficiency, but I like a really corse, hand pulled texture to my pork, so unless I absolutely couldn't take 2 minutes to do it by hand, i'll pass.

Back