THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y'all can have those pullers. I pulled 32 butts this morning in about 45 minutes and when I got done I dumped a full bus tub of fat in the slop container. Now I ain't the smartest BBQ cook in the world but it seems to me that all that fat is going to still be in there, it ain't going to evaporate! I have had customers tell me that my BBQ is the cleanest that have ever eat. I pull my butts in individual loins and pieces and put it in bus tubs and use 2 spatulas on the flattop to finish pulling it as I warm it. Leaving it in bigger pieces also keeps it more fresh while it's in the cooler.
Jeff Therrell
Sweetfire BBQ Lincolnton NC

We sell the Ro-Man puller....We recommend getting as much visible fat off as possible. After that, if you pulse the puller by only holding the trigger for a short amount of time and then release you will get good size chunks that aren't too "shredded".

I can not deny the appeal of efficiency, but I like a really corse, hand pulled texture to my pork, so unless I absolutely couldn't take 2 minutes to do it by hand, i'll pass.

Back