Don't waste it....have two fantastic meals!

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phillip
Don't waste it all in just one cook! I received a gorgeous rib roast a while back. While trimming, I decided to remove the rib rack and save it for another day. Well, that day has come, and I am so glad it has.

These beef back ribs were fantastic! I decided to go a more simplistic route by topping them with a salt and pepper mix, then dusted lightly with Oakridge BBQ competition beef and pork seasoning for added color and flavor.

Four hours in a smoke bath with charcoal and hickory, and they were ready to rest, wrapped, with sauteed onions, garlic, and homemade beef stock, for another 20-30 minutes. Serving these luscious, meaty bones with a fresh batch of chimmichurri was a must. Simply divine.

Attachments

• 20220401_131335.jpg
    20220401_131335.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 260
Very nice. Got a three bone rib roast just last week. Told them not to separate the bone because they trim too close and leave hardly any meat. Did my own cut and now have anice three boner in the freezer to do just like you did.

Very nice. Got a three bone rib roast just last week. Told them not to separate the bone because they trim too close and leave hardly any meat. Did my own cut and now have anice three boner in the freezer to do just like you did.
Right on brother!

That looks fantastic
Thanks George!
Nicely done Phillip! Never thought of doing that. I'm going to try that with our next one!
Thank you. I just figure, why not enjoy everything about this tasty and generally expensive cut of meat.
Exquisite!!
Thanks brother!

Back