Impossible Chili

Bingo!!

I farking hate tofu with a passion. It’s garbage. The thought of tofu makes me puke. Along with anything “impossible” because it is impossible to replicate meat. No disrespect to G-Man.

Not offended at all, its an honest post.

That’s why I love this place and have been a part of the community for 11 years. I cook beef liver and beef tongue and that gets no love here. I love the honest reactions.

Appreciate the post!

Don't lie. You love honest reactions as long as they are positive.

If you like spicy soup/dishes and haven’t tried Mapo Tofu then you are missing out.

This would be my "goto" recommendation. Make this myself.

Importantly, this is a meat dish with tofu and either ground beef or pork.

Tofu is NOT a meat substitute. It's an ingredient on it's own. Those that use it as a substitute (hoping not to offend anyone here) are stupid.

I am not a tofu fan but I have had crispy tofu with spice and it was edible. I have had an Impossible Burger and it was not bad so I would think it would be OK in chili. Just to be clear I prefer a good meat burger and meat Chili

Bingo!!

I farking hate tofu with a passion. It’s garbage. The thought of tofu makes me puke. Along with anything “impossible” because it is impossible to replicate meat. No disrespect to G-Man.
Went to dinner at the wyff's friends place ~35 years ago. He got the grill fired up and a nice summer evening so ate outside. All went to hell when I discovered they were grilling tofu steaks. It was really tough to be polite about their choice of entree. Wish they'd had a dog that I could feed under the table, but it probably wouldn't eat that stuff either.

Went to dinner at the wyff's friends place ~35 years ago. He got the grill fired up and a nice summer evening so ate outside. All went to hell when I discovered they were grilling tofu steaks. It was really tough to be polite about their choice of entree. Wish they'd had a dog that I could feed under the table, but it probably wouldn't eat that stuff either.

I’m sure you bowed out gracefully by telling your host that you have an severe allergy to tofu that causes you to have projectile vomiting!

I am not a tofu fan but I have had crispy tofu with spice and it was edible. I have had an Impossible Burger and it was not bad so I would think it would be OK in chili. Just to be clear I prefer a good meat burger and meat Chili

I do too! This looked liked a fun thing to try. We have vegetarians in our family that ate meat as kids so I was curious But I have to be honest, sans meat has not kept me from eating it, both hot and cold.

Back