Does it bother you?

I've stopped sharing advice or personal experience on most threads. When you go to the trouble of posting info, pics, etc.. and get no thanks, acknowledgement, or outcome from the person inquiring... it's just easier for me to skip over the whole thread.
Not all members are rude but there are a few.

Your advice and experience is not only wanted but NEEDED on here Jeanie.......on a lot of levels.

...One problem for me is that I don't get emails notifying me that someone has commented on a thread. Is this even possible to sign up for? .......

At the top of the thread page is a link to Thread Tools - drop down to the Subscribe To This Thread button and pick your options. Email notifications are one of those options. I can't vouch for the feature working - especially for non-members.

Relative to the O/P... Dale Carnegie said it best - "Expect Ingratitude" as a way to overcome worry and stress.

I've stopped sharing advice or personal experience on most threads. When you go to the trouble of posting info, pics, etc.. and get no thanks, acknowledgement, or outcome from the person inquiring... it's just easier for me to skip over the whole thread.
Not all members are rude but there are a few.

Jeanie...your advice and experience are worth their weight in gold. I've personally got a couple of great tips from you. I'd bet the farm there are a lot of people on this board that have benefited from your info, too. Please don't let the few that never replied ruin it for the rest of us....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Although I don't post often due to the fact I'm somewhat new to this hobby, I do appreciate when someone offers acknowledgement or "thanks" to my post.

I always offer thanks if i think I have learned something new.

The way I see it, I'm trying to gather as much knowledge, expertise and BBQ B.S. now, then hone my skills, then pass that knowledge on to those who come to this forum years from now, long after current Q-leaders have moved on (the cycle of life).

The knowledge gained in the short time I've been here is well worth the price of admission.

just my 2 cents. :cool:

Jeanie...your advice and experience are worth their weight in gold. I've personally got a couple of great tips from you. I'd bet the farm there are a lot of people on this board that have benefited from your info, too. Please don't let the few that never replied ruin it for the rest of us....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I second this! Jeanie, don't you go anywhere. You have some of the most creative cooks on this website. Ignore the naysayers, you have a huge fan club on here!

Well, I'm clearly not a turbo poster, 7 years here and still not even a Farker. But i can say unequivocally this site has improved my cooking. I try to thank all those that give good advice or post something humorous. But I usually don't post myself unless I truly know something that hasn't been mentioned. That's not very often, there is alot of good info posted on here daily.

This is the era we live in.

The age of the microtransgression. With so many wrongs righted the offended have really began scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Sounds like alot of sensitive people on here how bout a big group hug and a pat on the back it's just barbeque folks calm down drink a beer Stoke the fire smell the smoke we don't want to sound like professionals do we and think we know everything cheers

Sounds like alot of sensitive people on here how bout a big group hug and a pat on the back it's just barbeque folks calm down drink a beer Stoke the fire smell the smoke we don't want to sound like professionals do we and think we know everything cheers

I'm deeply offended by your comments. You can expect to hear from my lawyers.

Yes, it bothers me. Particularly when i get PM's from strangers asking for specifics about a build or a cook. I respond in detail and never hear from them again. Go figure...

I agree with you maryleach. Have received quite a few PM messages about recipes, cooks and builds and not any response back at all.

Had PM's with a few brethrens here and my experience has always been good. TQ, Sako was recent and their messages has always been prompt and with a wealth of information. Thank you again brothers.

It doesn't bother me anymore just a thanks would be nice.

Vince

I might be guilty of this as well, but I think I've always given thanks or credit when due. If for some reason I have forgotten to respond, please forgive me and THANK YOU! I have learned so much from others here and would love to learn more!

Y'all are Great!
Rick

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.
Shoot... I'm still trying to figure out why this thread is even in this section. :confused:

:blah::blah::blah:

:pound::pound::pound:

Its all good.................

I give any advice that I have to members freely without expecting anything in return. Many a member here have given me plenty of guidance and wisdom with bbq, and I am paying their kindness forward.

If I give advice, I don't care if I get a thanks or credit. I am perfectly content that I have passed my experience and information on to someone else. Now I will say that I have received more thanks for the advice than no responses. But that is because this place is full of great members.

Back