Direct Heat Cooker

I wish you wouldn’t have posted the Az Grills…I really want one.

I have their brick-lined Argentinian grill; it's my favorite way to cook now. I find I really enjoy playing with the fire. Unfortunately, that's got me wanting a stick burner smoker since my current smokers don't really give me that opportunity.

They're not showing it on their website now so I don't know if they still offer the brick-lined grill.

Attachments

• PXL_20211213_213455652.jpg
    PXL_20211213_213455652.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 113
This is my grill. I drew it out and designed it. Bought 3/16" steel and had the guys our shop (auto body) build it.

I had a Santa Maria grill before but felt like it wasted too much fuel. With this I control the heat by raking the coals thick or thin, direct or indirect, high or low heat etc.... With the close proximity of the fire you hardly use or waste any fuel especially with the firebricks. After a cook I put on the lid and it kills the fire in about 20 mins. Most of the time I reuse coals which I'm never able to do wiht any of my cookers except my Weber kettles.

ejNEsY4h.jpg

Rotisserie set up as well

4XY1ckTh.jpg

Lined the bottom up with fire bricks

0RdzhUwh.jpg

I grill kabobs on skewers

ZaS3gh2h.jpg

Combo

SzX5HMeh.jpg

Or strictly on the grates

uPoAOV8h.jpg

3uTjB3gh.jpg

Of course roti a whole animal as well

ECeP8Vxh.jpg

NSSl0cbh.jpg

Last edited:
This is my grill. I drew it out and designed it. Bought 3/16" steel and had the guys our shop (auto body) build it.

I had a Santa Maria grill before but felt like it wasted too much fuel. With this I control the heat by raking the coals thick or thin, direct or indirect, high or low heat etc.... With the close proximity of the fire you hardly use or waste any fuel especially with the firebricks. After a cook I put on the lid and it kills the fire in about 20 mins. Most of the time I reuse coals which I'm never able to do wiht any of my cookers except my Weber kettles.

Damn - that’s a great set up - so I assume for low and slow you will set the heat up on one side and put the meat on the other - what a versatile cookin machine

Damn - that’s a great set up - so I assume for low and slow you will set the heat up on one side and put the meat on the other - what a versatile cookin machine

Thanks!

Honestly, I have so many other cookers from stick burner to pellet that I strictly use this for grilling.

Back