Curl-A-Dog! Great New Spiral Hot Dog Maker!

those look like they could be fun to use. Jeanie and 1buckie those are great ideas will give them a try. Back in the day when I cooked commercially, did something similar by stringing thawed frozen green peas on uncooked spaghetti, then boiling until spaghetti was tender. This was time consuming and only did it when things were slow, they were used as a garnish only. If you can imagine a string of green perils, got lots of complements as people scratched their heads wondering how they were done.:becky:
Dave

There is another hot dog toy called Slotdog that puts a xxxx on both sides of the dog. Another way to make a ring dog is put the dog on a wooden skewer then cut around the dog. the skewer holds dog together as cooking.

My order is in. I've hand made these dogs before. Man they taste good. But are a PITA to make. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Ray!

rs93z9.jpg

This is a nice gadget ... I'd own one!
Thanks Thingfish! I think they are selling them at Walmart. You can also buy them on line.

Just ordered one. Another toy for the toybox :biggrin1:

That's awesome! Post photos of a cook if you can!

i'm trying to think of an excuse NOT to get one of these and i just can't do it!!! :grin: looks like there will be one around my house soon!!!

Thanks rookiedad!

My order is in. I've hand made these dogs before. Man they taste good. But are a PITA to make. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Ray!

rs93z9.jpg

I remember when you did that cook Mike. Your gonna love this thing!

Thanks Ray!

The wife and son were just talking about the Curl-A-Dog commercial on TV. The ad said available at Walmart, so I'm sure we will have one in the next day or two.

Last edited:
Looks really cool, and I bet it would be a blast for the kids, but never having ever tried a dog like that (or even seen one before) what does cutting it like that do that everyone is so pumped about.

I'm not doubting it I've just never even heard of doing it. I'm a huge hot dog fan so I'm up for anything that makes them even better.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B0047E0EII"]Amazon[/ame]

Don't forget the banana slicer to go with it!

Looks really cool, and I bet it would be a blast for the kids, but never having ever tried a dog like that (or even seen one before) what does cutting it like that do that everyone is so pumped about.

I'm not doubting it I've just never even heard of doing it. I'm a huge hot dog fan so I'm up for anything that makes them even better.

A couple things I found helpful was the dog cooked faster, more evenly and was easer to bite through. Even tho I have not tried this yet, I would think you could get more smoke in your dog with it cut open like that as well.

A couple things I found helpful was the dog cooked faster, more evenly and was easer to bite through. Even tho I have not tried this yet, I would think you could get more smoke in your dog with it cut open like that as well.

That stands to reason. I never thought much of grilling hot dogs, since apart from toasting the very outside there is no cooking involved, and the exposure to the fire is so brief; but this gizmo might make me think differently.

Genius! (that's why I didn't think of it).

I've been spiraling 'dogs since seeing it done here- where else?!. It really increases the flavor due to the increased surface to cook.

:clap2:

I know, right?
I seen them spiral dogs on here all the time and never even came close to seeing that product. :doh:

Oh yeah....way better smoke ring !!!!

great invention !!!!

Yea it's like one big smoke ring (beef)...sure i don't mind doing them the old fashion way but if you're doing a bunch that thing is the way to go!

Ha! Saw the commercial today when the kids were watching TV. It's a bit tacky (but aren't all them as seen on TV commercials) :laugh:

I showed my friend this thread on the Brethren and he was very humbled by all the great comments about the product! He asked me to say thank you to all the Brethren!

Back