Costco's Beef Chuck Ribs-Uugghhh

Pog Mo Thoin

Name or Nickame
Pog
I live in N. Nevada. My local Costco's has not carried the plate ribs/dino ribs/ chuck ribs. So, in 2019 I found them at the Costco in Sacramento. I took a motorbike ride over the Sierra's and picked up three packs. These packs were cryo packages containing two four bone beef rib racks. Cost was like $35 for the pack. They did not last very long.

My local Costco, just this week, started to carry the ribs. This time it is a cryo pack of four bone ribs. Now they are $55 for just the four bones. I know that they are cheaper than other places but I feel like I am getting boned here. I am retired and have to stretch the funds. Four ribs for $55. I took a pass.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Giant beef ribs are 40-50$ each at the famous Texas Qjoints. If misery truly loves company perhaps this will ease your pain. I can't believe how much chicken I've been eating.
Feel your pain brother. Enjoy them

#neverquitsmoking

3 bone plate ribs used to be around 6.50 per pound at my local restaurant depot. Last time i looked a month or so ago they were around 9.75 per pound. I think it will be a while before i cook any plate ribs again.

When I cook beef ribs (here in the middle of beef country USA) I figure at least $10/bone...

Any cheaper and all I get is bone :confused:

Back