How best to cook these beef "ribs"?

theTastyCat

Full Fledged Farker
Hey all - my local store never has any type of beef ribs but had these yesterday, so how could I resist. I remember reading here before that one really wants the "short plate", i.e. Dino Bones, and these sure AIN'T - but they weren't super expensive, so why not.

5hl3H7a.jpg

DeMKFoe.jpg

The label reads "Short Ribs" but they rang up as "Boneless Beef Ribs".....though they sure appear to have bones. They're about the same size and weight as pork baby backs.

Aside from dusting with SPOG, would I prepare and smoke them as I would pork ribs??

Sure appreciate any help - thanks all!!

It sounds like beef back ribs. Usually not a lot of meat but very good meat it is.
Cook em like pork ribs but take em all the way to 205 or they will eat like rubber. And try your best to remove the membrane because it is rubber.

Is this a rhetorical question? It seems obvious to me:

1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Season ribs with desired seasoning.
3. Place ribs into baking dish or roasting pan and cover tightly with foil.
4. Cook the ribs for approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.

You may finish them on the grill for added grill flavor.

I don't know why but pictures are slow to show up on my computer. :confused:

I've had that brand before. Lots of bones and light on the meat. They'll cook up fine but probably won't take very long.

They cooked up just beautifully!!! Not a ton a meat, just as predicted, but it was absolutely delicious. GF hit the roof, insisted she's never eating pork ribs again. We'll see.

nWhvHzr.jpg

Will be getting them again - and might as well ask how many mortgages I'd need for a short plate!! Sure appreciate all the help.

I have had the same ribs from our local Kroger's. Not a lot of meat but the taste was excellent. The only time to buy them is on sale. Seeing them makes me want to check if they have any on sale for the fourth.

Back