THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
BBQ Mojo
so I went searching for these Dino Beef Ribs that everyone has been posting as of late and went to my local Sam's Club . I did not see any out so I asked the butcher and he said how many you want ? what ? he said they do not put them out because they make some other cut with them most of the time that look like a beef pork chop but can not remember what he called them . he said all you haft to do is ask even if you want pork belly he has them , real nice guy and learned a lot today about meat cuts . I love beef ribs and I am going to cook these this next weekend and wonder about time and temps ? do you wrap and when ? I am going to rub these with just a Kosher Salt and Pepper mix for rub and it is how I do my briskets and love it , I want to taste the meat . I usually cook pork ribs and do not want to screw up these expensive beef ribs and would like any help form people that have cook them , thanks in advance my smoking brothers and sisters .

DSCF6434.jpg

DSCF6437.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

Great find! I did these a couple of month back and they are great. I used 1/2 salt and 1/2 pepper, and may have over salted a bit but still great. Cook them till tender. I treated it just like a brisket. It does shrink / pull up the bone quite a bit, but there is nothing like it. Enjoy!!!

They've said it all. Just rub and smoke, cook em till probe tender. I don't wrap beef ribs, but you certainly can. Yes, trim the fat off the top if its extreme. Beef ribs can be pretty fatty. I'll usually trim the top till I see meat

If I cook at 300 they take 4-6 hours usually.. just for a general time frame.

That's a great price btw!

I usually skin off most of the fat. It's a well marbled cut, and there will be plenty of fat. If the fat cap is less than 1/4" than I don't worry about it.

I cook around 275°F much like brisket. The one big difference is that I rely more on feel than probe. To my touch, shortribs get tender feeling before they really render and get tender. I look for what I call bone slide. I reach in, and push the meat, if it slides back and forth on the bone, and I can see a little wiggle in the meat, then I pull and rest.

They've said it all. Just rub and smoke, cook em till probe tender. I don't wrap beef ribs, but you certainly can. Yes, trim the fat off the top if its extreme. Beef ribs can be pretty fatty. I'll usually trim the top till I see meat

This pretty much covers it! Shag knows beef ribs that's for sure. That is a good price! Looks like you got two 3 bone plates.

No peaking you wanna develop a nice bark don't check em until 3-4 hours in. Glad you found a good source.

I actually said no because of the price but wanted to try them and the wife said get them I am buying , lol .

Back